Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
112 user(s) are online (53 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 3
Guests: 109

Eugene Wescott, BigKev, Todd W. White, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

Trippe Speed Lights
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

dongle
See User information
Does anyone have any part / model numbers available for speed lights over the years?

i.e. this Trippe model was the senior model for the following years....., this Trippe model was the junior model for the following years

sizes would be a help too.

There seems to be a number of different sizes and models produced. I have spent a few minutes looking, but can't find anything web based.

Thanks
Dongle

Posted on: 2010/2/15 11:26
 Top  Print   

Re: Trippe Speed Lights
Home away from home
Home away from home

JT120
See User information
I would like some info on the Trippe models as well. I have a pair that have a different mount system on the housing and I have no idea what they fit.

Posted on: 2010/2/15 12:09
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
The special wrench to fit the proprietary Trippe bolts and under-lamp fasteners is in reproduction by someone, perhaps Blevins or Yeska. I have one if anyone wants picture.

Posted on: 2010/2/15 12:53
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
I think I'm correct when I say that, among other differences, the seniors had the spirit levels on the crown to aid in aiming. I think Henry Yeska is the acknowledged Trippe expert, and source.

Posted on: 2010/2/15 13:06
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

PackardV8
See User information
I went tot the Trippe website and read the history. The history does not tell what year they discontinued the speed lights.

Posted on: 2010/2/15 16:02
VAPOR LOCK demystified: See paragraph SEVEN of PMCC documentaion as listed in post #11 of the following thread:f
https://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=7245
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
I don't know when they folded either, but guess that first the advent of pre-focused headlamp bulbs, and then sealed beams pretty much took their market. The cheaper brands like Unity and GM-Guide hung on with their fogs and spotlgiht/mirror jobs into the 50s, but they were never the quality of Trippe or Pilot Ray lamps.

Posted on: 2010/2/15 19:30
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

tbirdman
See User information
Quote:

Owen_Dyneto wrote:
The special wrench to fit the proprietary Trippe bolts and under-lamp fasteners is in reproduction by someone, perhaps Blevins or Yeska. I have one if anyone wants picture.

here's the Blevins' catalog which has the wrench.

Posted on: 2010/2/16 21:11
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved