Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
181 user(s) are online (100 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 2
Guests: 179

Packard Don, Don B, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

reproduction trunk liner
Home away from home
Home away from home

R Anderson
See User information
Does anyone know of a source for correct trunk lining material for 1956's?

Did it differ between various models?

Posted on: 2010/2/18 17:19
 Top  Print   

Re: reproduction trunk liner
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
This topic has been around before, you might do well to search a bit for the details, but in a nutshell Joel Ray's wife Sue Clereman (sp?) has been making kits for some years now. The material has varied a bit from time to time but always a VERY close match, in a past post on this topic I included side-by-side photos of original and repro for comparison.

The convertible kit is configured a bit different than the closed cars, I believe she makes a kit for the Packard bodies, have no info about the Clipper series. Suggest you contact Joel (Patrician Industries) for information on the best way to contact Sue. I was very pleased with my it. Pictures avail if you want them.

PS - just found the pic of OEM versus repro material for the Packard line in 56.

Attach file:

jpg  (171.29 KB)
177_4b7dc3cc72de6.jpg 725X1280 px

Posted on: 2010/2/18 17:24
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

R Anderson
See User information
Thanks - I'm fairly new so didn't realize it had been once covered... it's a Clipper (Exec) trunk liner I need, I presume then the configuration differs. I shall contact them. Thanks again.

Posted on: 2010/2/18 18:25
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

55PackardGuy
See User information
Thanks for the information. I hope to be able to use it soon. This is the kind of resource that I would like to see included in a "sticky" thread entitled something like, uh, "Resources." Or maybe just "cool stuff you can buy from good suppliers."

Posted on: 2010/2/18 21:43
Guy

[b]Not an Expert[/
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Keegan Chaput
See User information
Quote:

55PackardGuy wrote:
Thanks for the information. I hope to be able to use it soon. This is the kind of resource that I would like to see included in a "sticky" thread entitled something like, uh, "Resources." Or maybe just "cool stuff you can buy from good suppliers."

We've got that already.

Maybe Owen would be so kind as to enter all the info for Patrician Industries in the "Vendors and Parts" section of the Packard Directory

Posted on: 2010/2/18 22:48
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
Maybe Owen would be so kind as to enter all the info for Patrician Industries in the "Vendors and Parts" section

Not likely, beyond my technical abilities. But Joel does visit this site on occasion, maybe he'll see this post and do it himself. If you frequent eBay, he's always there with parts for sale. And he's listed in the PAC directory, perhaps PI, etc. or try <packards1@aol.com>

Posted on: 2010/2/18 23:04
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

BH
See User information
Owen -

Is the pattern on the repro printed in the incorrect orientation or is the sample merely rotated?

The direction of the print in the sample shown above the scale matches the orignal material in my Patrician.

I'd hate to think that I'm gonna have to get this stuff repro'd myself to get it done right.

Posted on: 2010/2/18 23:49
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

BH
See User information
The Packard Directory feature that BigKev set up, here, is a good idea, but I prefer to leave it up to the vendor to enter their own info - after all, it's FREE.

Posted on: 2010/2/18 23:51
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved