Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
238 user(s) are online (126 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 237

William Grosz, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

(1) 2 »

55-56 Defroster Ducts
Home away from home
Home away from home

Kevin AZ
See User information
Has anyone ever found an alternate source or experienced making something else work in our 55-56 Packards?

Posted on: 2010/3/6 20:03
 Top  Print   

Re: 55-56 Defroster Ducts
Home away from home
Home away from home

Phil Randolph
See User information
If you're looking for tubing visit your local boat store.

Posted on: 2010/3/6 20:07
1938 1601 Club Coupe
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
Are you speaking of the rectangular cross section, right angle elbows made of some paper composite material?

Posted on: 2010/3/6 20:11
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
Which are you referring to? If you mean the 2 cardboard like pieces between the heater plenum and duct underside inlets, then don't know of anything being repro'd. Some ordinary AC duct hose might work if the circumference on the Packard is close to standard sizes (2, 2 1/2, 3") If that wouldn't work, think something out of fiberglass could be easily made as they are pretty simple. Doing in fiberglass, could have a mold carved from styrofoam, wrapped in aluminum foil and glassed. The mold then could be easily removed by destroying it.

Posted on: 2010/3/6 20:18
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Kevin AZ
See User information
Yes Owen.........those little cardboard elbows that break ever so easily! Those are the ones. I thought I'd be lucky when I spied the pair under the dash of my 55 parts Patrician; but they broke apart unfortunately.

Posted on: 2010/3/6 22:28
 Top  Print   

Webmaster
Webmaster

BigKev
See User information
My plenum broke when I took it out. So I taped it back together on the inside, and then coated with fiberglass resin. Worked perfectly.

Posted on: 2010/3/6 22:55
-BigKev

1954 Packard Clipper Deluxe Touring Sedan -> Registry | Project Blog

1937 Packard 115-C Convertible Coupe -> Registry | Project Blog
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Randy Berger
See User information
A phone call or email to Mike Dulinski might be in order. Phone calls work better. 218-721-4631

Posted on: 2010/3/6 23:28
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
My paper elbows were not too bad but frayed at the edges. I slid them over a wax papered wooden form and just reinforced the ends with a mixture of yellow carptenter's glue and sawdust.

Posted on: 2010/3/6 23:47
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

chad hoover
See User information
i have yet to find anyone who has a good set of these! neither one of the mikes,joel or anyone. so even though i had planned to wait to announce this. i am working on reproductions. i have so many 55-56 cars that i was going to just for my "fleet". but then i decided if i start reproducing them, maybe my "packard habit" could at least help pay for itself and help out the fellow 55-56 guys!

more to come!

Posted on: 2010/3/10 1:15
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
I'd be interested in buying a pair if they were reasonably authentic in appearance.

Posted on: 2010/3/10 12:23
 Top  Print   

(1) 2 »

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved