Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
140 user(s) are online (68 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 139

DM37, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 (2)

Re: Congratulations to David Czirr
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Randy Berger
See User information
Congratulations indeed! Mr Czirr (our own Owen Dyneto) took a subject about numbers, which could be boring to all but the most interested, and made a very readable, interesting article which helps to explain Packard's body numbering system. He also gives some good insights as to why these numbers are not sequential and in line with the serial numbers. A very readable and informative article and we are indebted to Dave for his diligence in pursuing this query.

Posted on: 2010/4/16 20:51
 Top  Print   

Webmaster
Webmaster

BigKev
See User information
Yes I agree with Randy comments. Great article! The graphs worked really well to help illustrate the scattering of the numbers across the various models.

Well done Dave!

Posted on: 2010/4/16 21:30
-BigKev

1954 Packard Clipper Deluxe Touring Sedan -> Registry | Project Blog

1937 Packard 115-C Convertible Coupe -> Registry | Project Blog
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Dave Kenney
See User information
Dave, My PAC Cormorant finally arrived. Outstanding work! Congratulations on taking what could have been a dull number crunching subject and making it entertaining while still being informative. A truly fine piece of historical research.

Posted on: 2010/4/27 15:39

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
For those who contributed data to my research and who expressed an interest in the article but are not PAC members and couldn't otherwise get access to it, I purchased a stock of extra copies of that issue and have been mailing complimentary copies as requests have come to me. I still have just a very few left - first come, first served, just send me a PM with your snail mail address.

Since publication I've received data on about another 600 cars and this has allowed some new analysis with some interesting observations. No doubt there will be a Part II in the future so I'm still glad to receive data on any Packards which were not previously reported to me.

1. Year & model
2. Vehicle number from the patent or VN plate
3. Thief-proof number (large embossed number on cowl)
4. Briggs body number (1940 thru 1954)
5. Motor number (if original).

Posted on: 2010/5/3 10:48
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
Sending full copies was just a convenient way to deal with the copyright issue. No, send me a PM with your mailing address and we'll trust it to the postal guys.

Bermuda was great! 7-day cruise with my favorite cruise line, nice small ship that ties up right smack on Front Street in Hamilton (the big boys won't fit, they're banished to the hinterlands), 4 days on the island. 18-21 foot seas and gale-force winds on the way down - I loved every minute of it. And it's such a lovely island.

Attach file:

jpg  (116.06 KB)
177_4bdf0ba85bf97.jpg 1280X960 px

Posted on: 2010/5/3 12:38
 Top  Print   

Webmaster
Webmaster

BigKev
See User information
Dave,

The picture looks like it came right off a post-card! Nice one.

Sounds like you had another great cruise. I to like the smaller ships. I think these new giant floating hotels they are now building start to become impersonal very quickly. There was a episode of Modern Marvels on the History Channel recently that had a segment on the history of Cruise ships and the transition from the Liners being a necessary for of transportation, before the advent on the Airline Industry, into being the vacation destination onto themselves.

Posted on: 2010/5/3 14:22
-BigKev

1954 Packard Clipper Deluxe Touring Sedan -> Registry | Project Blog

1937 Packard 115-C Convertible Coupe -> Registry | Project Blog
 Top  Print   

« 1 (2)

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved