Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
119 user(s) are online (70 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 118

Ozstatman, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

(1) 2 »

Interesting Single Six from down under
Home away from home
Home away from home

West Peterson
See User information
This looks to be a rather unusual body on this Single Six Packard from Australia. Also unusual is that it is left hand drive. Any thoughts on this one?

Attach file:

jpg  (54.47 KB)
404_4bfedb5575906.jpg 516X387 px

jpg  (50.11 KB)
404_4bfedb5e6f65f.jpg 516X387 px

jpg  (52.21 KB)
404_4bfedb678f2ed.jpg 516X387 px

Posted on: 2010/5/27 15:51
West Peterson
1930 Packard Speedster Eight Runabout (boattail)
1940 Packard 1808 w/Factory Air
1947 Chrysler Town and Country sedan
1970 Camaro RS

https://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=4307&forum=10

http://aaca.org/
 Top  Print   

Re: Interesting Single Six from down under
Home away from home
Home away from home

Matt snape
See User information
Do you know where it is located West? I would assume it is an import given that it is a LHD and by the look of the seats in it it has been played with - purhaps it was someones hot rod project?

Posted on: 2010/5/27 16:27
If at First You Don't Succeed - Skydiving is Not For You...
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

West Peterson
See User information
I don't know where it is. A friend is interested in buying it, and I was trying to dig up some information. It doesn't look like a normal body to me, but maybe it's because it's in such poor shape.

Posted on: 2010/5/27 17:22
West Peterson
1930 Packard Speedster Eight Runabout (boattail)
1940 Packard 1808 w/Factory Air
1947 Chrysler Town and Country sedan
1970 Camaro RS

https://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=4307&forum=10

http://aaca.org/
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Peter Packard
See User information
G'day all, I believe that the car is from a cut down and cobbled up sedan. Just my opinion from the front screen and the ugly backside fit. best regards peter Toet

Posted on: 2010/5/27 22:08
I like people, Packards and old motorbikes
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Ozstatman
See User information
There is also a thread over on the AACA Site in the Packard Forum by the guy interested in buying it. He's from East Doncaster, Melbourne and it's a '21 Coupe.

Posted on: 2010/5/28 4:14
Mal
/o[]o\
====

Bowral, Southern Highlands of NSW, Australia
"Out of chaos comes order" - Nietzsche.

1938 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

1941 One-Twenty Club Coupe - SOLD

1948 Super Eight Limo, chassis RHD - SOLD

1950 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

What's this?
Put your Packard in the Packard Vehicle Registry!
Here's how!
Any questions - PM or email me at ozstatman@gmail.com
 Top  Print   

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Heather Moss
See User information
West, I showed this post to my brother John, he said it is a 1922 or 23 model 4 passenger coupe and not modified but missing all the top frame and windows.
That headlamp style came in in 1922, it has a back seat and two windows along the side, much like "Grandma ducks car".
I looked up a picture of it in this websites Photo Archive.
If you click on the year 1922, its the first photo.
Heather

Posted on: 2010/6/1 23:24
Heather M
 Top  Print   

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Bernie j
See User information
Hello
I am the little Aussie battler who is about to buy this car. It was originally a two door, four seat, four window coupe and the top has been hacked off rather crudely. Mechanically it appears to be original, complete and unmolested right down to the seventh spark plug. It is missing the speedo, radiator cap/motor meter,horn button and hand controls from the centre of the steering wheel. It also needs a spare (steel disc) wheel and rear spare wheel carrier. I would also like to find a pair of tourer/roadster windscreen posts and frame.
I believe that with a minimum of cutting and shutting I can modify that "Grandma Duck" tail into a respectable roadster body. The fenders, cowl and hood are all steel and in good condition with only very slight surface rust the doors and rear section are aluminum and are in very good condition.It still has the original toe-boards and driver's side floor intact and useable. Anyone with doubts should look at my Dixie Flyer post on the AACA forum (Our cars & restos).

As I am new to Packards any assistance and/or info will be greatly appreciated.

Bernie J.

Posted on: 2010/8/19 19:01
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Peter Packard
See User information
Apologies for my earlier post on it being a cut down cobbled up sedan. Peter Toet

Posted on: 2010/8/19 22:16
I like people, Packards and old motorbikes
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Ozstatman
See User information
Quote:
Bernie j wrote: I am the little Aussie battler who is about to buy this car.......Anyone with doubts should look at my Dixie Flyer post on the AACA forum (Our cars & restos). As I am new to Packards any assistance and/or info will be greatly appreciated......
G'day Bernie,
to PackardInfo. I followed your Dixie Flyer on AACA and I must say the results are outstanding. Glad you're picking up the Packard, although the last I remember you were going to pass on it and go with something else. But, a question for you. Have you joined the Packard Automobile Club of Australia(PACA)? Could be helpful through the course of the restoration you'll be undertaking. PACA's membership Secretary is also PackardInfo member DavidM who is the owner of a '22 Single Six Sport Tourer and could be a good contact point for Packards of that era. Last but by no means least, I invite you to include your Single Six in the Packard Owner's Registry here, together with a pic, any known history and how you acquired it?

Posted on: 2010/8/19 23:24
Mal
/o[]o\
====

Bowral, Southern Highlands of NSW, Australia
"Out of chaos comes order" - Nietzsche.

1938 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

1941 One-Twenty Club Coupe - SOLD

1948 Super Eight Limo, chassis RHD - SOLD

1950 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

What's this?
Put your Packard in the Packard Vehicle Registry!
Here's how!
Any questions - PM or email me at ozstatman@gmail.com
 Top  Print   

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Bernie j
See User information
Thank You, I was looking for an e-mail contact for the Australian Club just this morning but could only find a snail mail address. Do you have an e-mail.
Once I manage to get the Packard home (early next week) I will be able to find the engine and chassis numbers and will then place all the (known) info re the car on the Register.

Bernie J.
<hel_bern@21century.com.au>

Posted on: 2010/8/20 0:34
 Top  Print   

(1) 2 »

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved