Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
215 user(s) are online (141 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 214

BigKev, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

(1) 2 »

Just coming on board
Home away from home
Home away from home

Allen Kahl
See User information
Hi Guys:

Just found this thread and thought I would give it a try.

Found a lot of good usefull info out here so I may check in from time to time.

Latest project is a 1956 Clipper Custom. I purchased this out of Charlotte NC along with 5 other Packards (a 55 pat., a 55 clipper 2dr., a 55 400, a 56 400(total disastermobile)
and a 47-50 clipper 2dr(a totally ambitous restoration) along with a 14 foot truck load of parts, grilles bumpers, etc. etc. I will post as complete an inventory as I have on the for sale forum. As to the Clipper, it was put together by a former Packard Employee named David V. Hedger(I am trying to locate a relative). The story that I got from the man I bought the cars/parts from, was that he had spoken to the mans son(but lost the contact info) and that the father had installed a fresh 374 engine and also put on it a set of twin 4bbl carbs. Another modification was the Caribbean twin scoop hood and a senior grille and bumpers. My aim is to clean it up empty out all of the spare trim and such that is inside the car and then try to get it running, steering and stopping and then paint it. Will post pictures when I can.

Talk to most of you later.

Posted on: 2007/12/10 12:28
 Top  Print   

Re: Just coming on board
Home away from home
Home away from home

Packard53
See User information
ALK: Let me one of the first to give a hardy welcome. You should remember me from the AACA Packard Forum.

YOUR FRIEND

John F. Shireman

Posted on: 2007/12/10 13:07
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Ozstatman
See User information
Welcome aboard AL,

Plenty of friendly, experienced and knowledgeable Packard people here who are willing to advise and assist.

Can you put your 1956 Clipper Custom in the Owner Registry? And what about a Project Blog where you can track your progress while also being available for other Forum members as it undergoes its metamorphorsis?

Again -

Posted on: 2007/12/10 16:33
Mal
/o[]o\
====

Bowral, Southern Highlands of NSW, Australia
"Out of chaos comes order" - Nietzsche.

1938 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

1941 One-Twenty Club Coupe - SOLD

1948 Super Eight Limo, chassis RHD - SOLD

1950 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

What's this?
Put your Packard in the Packard Vehicle Registry!
Here's how!
Any questions - PM or email me at ozstatman@gmail.com
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Allen Kahl
See User information
The Clipper is in the registry just without a picture for the time being, I will get to that. I will post progress as it goes. Right now I am trying to get the parts inventoried to get them ready for sale.

Posted on: 2007/12/10 16:58
 Top  Print   

Webmaster
Webmaster

BigKev
See User information
Well I am looking for a good (non cracked) set of 54/55 Clipper Taillight Lenses if you have them in your parts cache.

Posted on: 2007/12/10 17:08
-BigKev

1954 Packard Clipper Deluxe Touring Sedan -> Registry | Project Blog

1937 Packard 115-C Convertible Coupe -> Registry | Project Blog
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Allen Kahl
See User information
That was one of the first things I looked for. I have none in the parts stash, however the 55 clipper that I got has a bunch of parts inside of the car that I have not yet gone thru and I have to try and get into the trunk without destroying the key lock. Once I do that I will let you know what I find.

Posted on: 2007/12/10 18:10
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

PackardV8
See User information
I need TWO front torsion level link pins for a 56 with FOUR RINGS.

To get into the trunk without a key is to remove the rear seat back rest and reach in to the latch and lift the actuating rod. OR try several different keys by working them around and in and out. Usualy, especialy if the lock is worn u'll get a hit on about the 10th or twelvth key. The keys repeated about every 1000 locks and wear will bring that down to probably 1:250.

Posted on: 2007/12/10 21:57
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Eric Boyle
See User information
Got any pics of the '47-'50 Packard two door? I may be interested if the price is right.

Posted on: 2007/12/11 3:11
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Allen Kahl
See User information
The thru the trunk method is O.K. if you are not size enhanced as I am, plus I will have to remove a ton of parts from the rear seat area to do that, but that was my first thought. I was not aware of the every tenth key option, but I seem to have enough that I will give that a try.
Thanks

Posted on: 2007/12/11 9:15
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Allen Kahl
See User information
I will send pics as soon as I can remember to bring the disc to work. In the meantime think of the worst nightmare restoration you can think of, got it, this car is worse than that, but it does seem to be all there, except what the rodents have carried away as far as upholstery.

Posted on: 2007/12/11 9:17
 Top  Print   

(1) 2 »

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved