Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
118 user(s) are online (83 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 2
Guests: 116

Tobs, Alvin14, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

West coast and East Coast
Home away from home
Home away from home

PackardV8
See User information
Hope everyone in the coastal areas are a safe distance away from the flooding and snow storms. Kev, HH56, and JV on the West and Owen Dyneto on the East coast are the only three i can think of rite now. All i know is what i see on the news channels.
My prayers are with u all.

Posted on: 2010/12/30 19:24
VAPOR LOCK demystified: See paragraph SEVEN of PMCC documentaion as listed in post #11 of the following thread:f
https://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=7245
 Top  Print   

Re: West coast and East Coast
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
PackardV8, thanks for the expression on concern. All well here, we had about 13 inches of snow, very light and fluffy and easily shoveled, though some surrounding towns had more, up to perhap 20 inches or so. Things in New York City (about 12 miles away) and the airports were poor, but here the local roads were all well-plowed and clear within a few hours of the snow stopping.

No weather for taking the Packards out, though I can recall MANY years ago when I first had the 34 and finding a set of full chains (Weed brand, what else?) under the front seat that I couldn't resist putting chains on and going out for a ride in the snow. Gosh, what we did when we were younger!

Posted on: 2010/12/30 19:38
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
Thanks. Locally, we are just wet and for this central valley area, a bit cool next few days. The flooding and other bad stuff is maybe 100 miles away. Except for anyone who might live on a hill or bottom of one in LA area, I think those on the east coast or other parts of country have it much worse right now.

Posted on: 2010/12/30 19:45
Howard
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Phil Randolph
See User information
New England here - no problems

Posted on: 2010/12/30 20:14
1938 1601 Club Coupe
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Jim
See User information
Very interesting weather here in the Southwest. Actually got snowed on today on the return trip from our mini Packard Info. meet in Vegas. Never seen snow at that low of elevation on other trips over this time of year. Returned to Phoenix and found a great deal of standing water in the pasture as well as drywall damage where a leak developed during a fierce rain storm.

I am pleased to say no Packards were harmed during this adverse weather. Glad to hear others here are surviving the lousy weather also.

Attach file:

jpg  (36.88 KB)
169_4d1d5c15a0788.jpg 600X800 px

Posted on: 2010/12/30 23:29
 Top  Print   

Webmaster
Webmaster

BigKev
See User information
Just alot of rain here at the house. No damage of flooding as I live in the middle of a pretty flat urban area.

But the Toll-road I normally take to work was buried in land slide, and will be closed for a few weeks.

Also a bridge over the Santa Ana River near my house which is my short cut to the local airport was washed out in the last weeks storm.

Just cold here for us now. Currently 36f, and supposed to be 30f low tonight. Well maybe not cold for the rest of you, that is pretty damn cold for low-land areas of Southern Calif.

Posted on: 2010/12/31 0:49
-BigKev

1954 Packard Clipper Deluxe Touring Sedan -> Registry | Project Blog

1937 Packard 115-C Convertible Coupe -> Registry | Project Blog
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Loyd Smith
See User information
Weather's wonky all over the place. I believe that we, here in Central Florida (Orlando area) have broken every standing low temperature record for this time of year during the past ten days or so with three consecutive nights of below freezing temperatures the first part of this week. Temp, today, however is forecasted to be in the 70s. At least we haven't had snow or flooding detrimental to housing or cars but the price of citrus products may suffer, there have been several instances of folks either starting fires or poisoning themselves with carbon monoxide trying to stay warm and NO one is going to be pleased with their power bills. NOTHING in this area is constructed with below freezing temps in mind.

Posted on: 2010/12/31 10:19
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

R Anderson
See User information
The East has such varying microclimates, it's impossible to predict or generalize. Binghamton, just 5 miles N of the PA line, 1 hour from Scranton, is usually too far S for the huge Lake Effect dumps.: Syracuse, one hour N of us, had over 20" in one day 2 weeks ago, we had 1". We had none of the NYC snow, only 1", again, but we're only 2.5 hr NW of there. Very chilly since early Dec, but very little snow. My son in VT has had over 4 ft already.

Posted on: 2010/12/31 10:47
56 Clipper Deluxe survivor
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved