Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
225 user(s) are online (144 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 225

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

1929 packard 626 fuel tank
Home away from home
Home away from home

29tons
See User information
my 29 packard gas tank was coated with a white gas tank liner some time before I owned the car.They must have also glass beaded or sand blasted the tank.The car has left me sit several times this summer I have found sand and pieces of the white liner in the fuel filter I even tried a racing fuel filter that goes to 7 micron. this stuff will make its way into the carb and clogs up the orifice in the carb.I have pulled the tank.I called a guy that was recomeded to reline gas tanks. He said he cuts a hole in them and sandblasts them and then puts new liner in them.This is the same problem I am having now. dose anyone repro a gas tank for this car? or dose anyone have any other suggestions? Thanks Tom

Posted on: 2011/1/2 14:28
 Top  Print   

Re: 1929 packard 626 fuel tank
Home away from home
Home away from home

32model901
See User information
Tom,

I've had a few tanks done at:

They did good work.

http://www.gastankrenu.com/

http://www.gastankrenu.com/how.htm

Regards,

Dave

Their Guarantee, from their site:

GUARANTEED RESULTS

Our unique, chemical bonding repair process gives your fuel tank a tough, "double layer" of protection.

Gas Tank Renu - USA coats both the inside and outside of your tank, sealing it from rust and corrosion.

We are so sure of our patented process, that we offer a limited LIFETIME NATIONWIDE WARRANTY on every passenger car or light truck tank repaired and two years on all other tanks.

Our guarantee is honored at any Gas Tank Renu - USA Dealership.

Gas Tank Renu - USA's repair process is completely compatible with gasoline, water (non-drinking), diesel,
methanol and ethanol.

Posted on: 2011/1/2 16:05
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

29tons
See User information
Dave, thanks for the reply Im glad that you had several tanks done and had good luck.Cars are not much fun when you have to push them. thanks Tom

Posted on: 2011/1/3 3:49
 Top  Print   

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Jim Eubanks
See User information
I will recommend another excellent shop that did my 633 tank.
Vol Radiator, Knoxville, TN, Rob Langston 865-522-0975.
Rob just worked up a new radiator core with a PA company for my 633, excellent job.

Posted on: 2011/1/4 20:21
 Top  Print   

Just popping in
Just popping in

John Bereschak
See User information
Hello, I have a 1929 626 as well. I was considering having the carburetor rebuilt or purchasing one of the reproductions that David (e.l.cord) is making, running new copper fuel lines and having the fuel tank redone. Has anyone ever considered or had a stainless steel fuel tank reproduced at a shop that makes them for boats? Is this an option for my car or would it cost prohibitive? Any thoughts? Thanks for you feedback. J-

Posted on: 2011/1/10 22:37
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Ozstatman
See User information
G'day John,
A to you and your '29 626 to PackardInfo.

Posted on: 2011/1/10 22:50
Mal
/o[]o\
====

Bowral, Southern Highlands of NSW, Australia
"Out of chaos comes order" - Nietzsche.

1938 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

1941 One-Twenty Club Coupe - SOLD

1948 Super Eight Limo, chassis RHD - SOLD

1950 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

What's this?
Put your Packard in the Packard Vehicle Registry!
Here's how!
Any questions - PM or email me at ozstatman@gmail.com
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
I was considering .....................purchasing one of the reproductions that David (e.l.cord) is making

Many in the hobby are waiting to hear the first reports of one of these new remanufactured Detroit Lubricator carburetors installed and functioning properly before making a purchase decision. Their advertised cost is generally in the same range as the cost of a top-notch rebuild of an original so despite the high cost, if they perform well I suspect there may be a decent market for them. But thus far I've not heard of one purchased, installed, and "on the road".

Posted on: 2011/1/11 10:09
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved