Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
231 user(s) are online (166 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 230

John Wogec, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

(1) 2 »

what am I missing?
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Randy Berger
See User information
I must have something bollixed up. When I am logged in I don't see any avatars on the various posts including my own. If I log out and then peruse the forums, I do see the avatars. What have I got wrong??

Posted on: 2011/5/8 18:56
 Top  Print   

Re: what am I missing?
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
Randy, maybe you had your eye patch over the wrong eye?

Posted on: 2011/5/8 19:07
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
I am seeing the same thing today and no eye patch to blame. The last few weeks it has been sporadic with avatars. Frequently I see just the name--logged in or not.

Posted on: 2011/5/8 19:12
Howard
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Randy Berger
See User information
Arrr matey! Thanks for the reply.

Posted on: 2011/5/8 21:42
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Guscha
See User information
Randy, do you really not know where BigKev makes his money? He flog them all and has orders for 21 more. Mal, Howard, Keith, Jim and even the Kish brothers, ... they are all in over their heads with this money business.

The poor avatars ...

Attach file:

jpg  (38.29 KB)
757_4dc798e653291.jpg 500X375 px

Posted on: 2011/5/9 2:33
The story of ZIS-110, ZIS-115, ZIL-111 & Chaika GAZ-13 on www.guscha.de
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

PackardV8
See User information
What is written at the very lower left corner of the sign????

I assume that sign is on the German/Russian border??? I would expect it to be written in German and Russian, not english and German.

Posted on: 2011/5/9 6:51
VAPOR LOCK demystified: See paragraph SEVEN of PMCC documentaion as listed in post #11 of the following thread:f
https://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=7245
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Guscha
See User information
Randy, Howard, there is a chance to get them back. Log in and tweak the settings as shown below to hide or unhide the avatars.

Attach file:

jpg  (25.37 KB)
757_4dc7dd35c1715.jpg 442X384 px

Posted on: 2011/5/9 7:25
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Guscha
See User information
Click to see original Image in a new window

Keith, Russia and Germany don't have a common border. To understand the warning sign and its inscription we have to look back in time. The quadripartite divisions of Germany and Berlin in consequence of WW2 have been temporary. Every of the four so-called victorious powers occupied a separate German sector and addional a sector in Berlin with own sector border. The above shown barrier (aid) with warning sign stood between the US and Soviet sectors and is written in English and German to inform your troops and German locals. In 1991, in other words 46 years after the end of the war the last Russian soldier left the country and Germany was reunited.
Today Germany is surrounded by allies and all frontier fortifications are carried away.
Dunno what's written at the very lower left corner.

Sorry Randy and all, it is as it often is, we went astray.

Like sheep we went astray

Like sheep we went astray,
And broke the fold of God,
Each wandering in a different way,
But all the downward road.

sources
pic #1:http://www.europeword.com
pic #2: Deutsche Fotothek
pic #3: Flickr.com
and Christian lyrics

Attach file:

jpg  (48.09 KB)
757_4dc7e72332b8a.jpg 500X382 px

jpg  (19.13 KB)
757_4dc7ec315d8fe.jpg 334X500 px

Posted on: 2011/5/9 8:07
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
"Checkpoint Charlie" was one of the highlights of my visit to Berlin some years ago. I was on a cruise that docked in Hamburg for 36 hours so I quickly took a train to Berlin - this was after the wall came a-tumbling down.

Some recent pictures of some Packards at the Brandenburg Gate can be seen at:

http://www.packardclub.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=698

Posted on: 2011/5/9 11:16
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

JWL
See User information
I went through Check Point Charlie before the Wall came down. We were on a tour with my daughter and son's high school band in the early '80s and I took a side trip from Munich to Berlin. We flew into Berlin and then got on a bus for a tour of allied (British, French, and U.S.) occupied western part. After lunch we boarded another bus for a tour of the Soviet occupied side. It was like going from a technicolor movie to a black and white one. The western part was vibrant, colorful, and alive, but the east was dismal, gray, and there was still parts that had not been rebuilt since the war. We went to the Wall and were able to see where Hitler's bunker had been from a viewing platform. We also got to see the Brandenberg gate from the east side. Quite an experience, especially going back to the west. The East German guards were most diligent about searching the bus and carefully checking identification papers.

Many years later I saw a fragment of the wall on display in the lobby area of the Intercontinental Hotel in Montreal. It was the mid-'90s, and I was attending the Canadian F1 Grand Prix.

Guscha, thanks for the gift of helping me to recall these experiences.

(o{I}o)

Posted on: 2011/5/9 15:22
We move toward
And make happen
What occupies our mind... (W. Scherer)
 Top  Print   

(1) 2 »

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved