Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
196 user(s) are online (121 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 196

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

(1) 2 »

identification
Just popping in
Just popping in

trodney
See User information
Hello fellow packards, I have a friend that has a 50ish model packard in a barn that was driven and
parked since 1982, he is wanting to get rid of it and said I could have it to restore can someone direct me in the right
direction. I want to be able to indentify what year and type of packard this is (he said it was a 1954 but didn't know for
sure) can anyone help?

Posted on: 2011/7/8 13:05
T-Roy
 Top  Print   

Re: identification
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
Open the drivers door and there should be a tag with numbers on the front door jamb. If it's a 54, will start 54XX-XXXX, earlier years will be 24XX for 51, 25XX for 52, or 26XX for 53. That entire 8 or 9 digit number will tell us what you have and approx where in the production run it was made. Anything earlier than 51 will be a tag on the drivers side of cowl under hood. If the tags are missing, then there may possibly be the Briggs body number on a small tag on the front side of firewall, otherwise not much to go on other than engine number. That would give a year of mfg and size of engine. If still the original engine, that could narrow things down a bit..

Posted on: 2011/7/8 13:21
Howard
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

kens53clip
See User information
Hi and Welcome T-Roy!
I live in Grayson, GA myself, so perhaps we are not too far away. There are several ways we can help you identify your car. One way you can attach some good pictures of it to your email message and that will help us in doing so. Another way is to click "Packard Model Info" on the left part of this webpage and type in the year 1954 and see if any of them look like your car. A third way is to look for the vehicle identification number on a metal plate on the driver's door jamb. If its a 1951, the first two numbers should be "24". If its a 1952, the first two numbers should be "25". If its a 1953, the first two numbers should be "26" Starting with 1954 they changed the numbering system. If its a 1954, the first two numbers should be "54" If its a 1955, the first two numbers should be "55" and so on through 1958. Through 1956, if you give us the first 4 numbers of the vehicle identification number, we should be able to tell you the year and the model of your car. Numbers 3 and 4 tell us the model. Hope this helps!
Ken

Posted on: 2011/7/8 13:25
Ken
53 Clipper Deluxe 4 Dr.

Project Blog
 Top  Print   

Just popping in
Just popping in

trodney
See User information
Thanks guys I cant wait to get back up there to ID it, Thanks for your help.

Posted on: 2011/7/8 15:21
T-Roy
 Top  Print   

Just popping in
Just popping in

trodney
See User information
Did packard ever manufacture a car in the 50's that was LIGHT PINK with a WHITE TOP?

Posted on: 2011/7/8 15:26
T-Roy
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
55-56 had a couple of colors that could be considered light pink and could have had a white top--but generally a white bottom section as well as top. Prior to 55 there were some interesting combinations but otherwise, pretty conservative so nothing I would say that's light pink. Doesn't mean someone couldn't have had theirs painted to be a member of the crowd though -- some of the popular colors were pretty wild in the 50's. Here is one of Packards 1955 combinations out of the photo gallery.https://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/myalbum/ Other examples can be found there.

Attach file:

jpg  (122.72 KB)
209_4e177c07ab1ca.jpg 1024X681 px

Posted on: 2011/7/8 15:35
Howard
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Ozstatman
See User information
G'day T-Roy,
to PackardInfo. Looks like you're getting plenty of good advice to enable identification of your Packard

And once identified, I invite you to include your Packard in the Packard Owners Registry here on PackardInfo.

Posted on: 2011/7/8 17:39
Mal
/o[]o\
====

Bowral, Southern Highlands of NSW, Australia
"Out of chaos comes order" - Nietzsche.

1938 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

1941 One-Twenty Club Coupe - SOLD

1948 Super Eight Limo, chassis RHD - SOLD

1950 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

What's this?
Put your Packard in the Packard Vehicle Registry!
Here's how!
Any questions - PM or email me at ozstatman@gmail.com
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Randy Berger
See User information
Paint code "O" is for Flamingo pink which is a very late color and I know of no paint sample chart that shows this. Joel Ray has a couple of nuts from an original code "O" vehicle. They are a very light pink.

Posted on: 2011/7/8 20:42
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
The Flamingo Pink Randy mentioned above was discussed in a few of the posts here:https://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?post_id=47561#forumpost47561

Posted on: 2011/7/8 20:47
Howard
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Let the ride decide
See User information
Randy,

Too easy, Joel has pink nuts?

Posted on: 2011/7/8 20:48
 Top  Print   

(1) 2 »

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved