Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
189 user(s) are online (113 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 188

DaveJr, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

Electromatic Clutch Tubing
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

46limofinally
See User information
I recently bought a 21st series Custom with an electromatic clutch that I'd like to get operational (dreaming again!). It is missing 2 of the 1/2" steel tubes that go from the big control valve. I have lots of photos and have looked at the Training Manuals in the site but I can't find a photo that shows the connection where the tubing connects directly to the intake manifold. There is a 3/8" threaded plug that screws into the intake manifold so I know that's where it connects but I don't know what Packard used to make that final connection (tubing all the way? hose? some kind of an adapter that connects? I'd like to have it connected the way it's supposed to be connected.
Can anyone in the Forum take that valuable photo so I can connect the vacuum tube like it is supposed to look?
Much, Much appreciated!
RY

Posted on: 2011/8/17 5:59
 Top  Print   

Re: Electromatic Clutch Tubing
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Dave Kenney
See User information
The tube from the manifold to the E.clutch is all steel with flared ends to hold the fittings. I belive the fitting in the manifold to which the E.clutch fitting is attached has a tapered pipe thread but with an inside thread and flange to accept a 1/2" flared tube and fitting. Attached are photos showing the tube. I can take a photo of the tube ends if that will help.
I have several E.clutch parts which I no longer need if you will PM me your needs.

Attach file:

jpg  (32.21 KB)
13_4e4bc837796ee.jpg 500X375 px

jpg  (118.84 KB)
13_4e4bc9b6765df.jpg 1280X960 px

Posted on: 2011/8/17 8:48

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
I think you need this style inverted flare fittinghttp://fittingsandadapters.com/inflartubcon.html for the manifold but don't know if Packard might have used steel.

Posted on: 2011/8/17 11:35
Howard
 Top  Print   

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

46limofinally
See User information
Thank you so very much for the photos and scans. It tells the story and now I know what I need to adapt to the tubing.
As the car isn't runnung I don't know what parts I need. I'll sure keep this in mind.
Thanks again.RY

Posted on: 2011/8/18 5:05
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved