Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
69 user(s) are online (40 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 69

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

Jack
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Miles Whetham
See User information
Hello out there,
I am looking for some help. I have been looking for the jack for my 42 Clipper for a while with no luck. Now there is one on Ebay that the seller advertizes as being for a 46,47 Packard. I am a little skeptical about this one because the shape of it doesn't look like it would fit my bumper very well. Can anyone tell me if it is right or not or maybe you may have a lead on one. The auction on this one closed this evening.

Thanks a bunch,
Miles

Posted on: 2012/2/13 9:35
 Top  Print   

Re: Jack
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
Image from Reedy & Shaub's book Packard Automobile Company - Tools and Jacks, and used with permission of the authors.

Attach file:

jpg  (96.69 KB)
177_4f3923a1ad1b9.jpg 915X1280 px

Posted on: 2012/2/13 9:52
 Top  Print   

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Miles Whetham
See User information
Thanks, that looks like the one on Ebay. He has the jack and base. Does your book say whether that is the same jack as a 42 would have?
Thanks,
Miles

Posted on: 2012/2/13 9:57
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
I really feel like I'm pushing the authors's permission to post the "occasional" picture from their book, I've done quite a few over the past few years; but here goes. 41-42 conventional-bodied cars had a variety of jack tools and different from the Clippers. They both had both hub jacks and bumper jacks.

Attach file:

jpg  (113.89 KB)
177_4f39275033b3b.jpg 1167X1280 px

Posted on: 2012/2/13 10:08
 Top  Print   

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Miles Whetham
See User information
Thanks a lot for the help. Hope you don't get into any trouble for showing the photos. Now at least I know what I am looking for. Have never seen a jack like the 41-42's have but I think I have seen the stand listed before. I'll keep looking and maybe I'll run accross one.

Thanks again,
Miles

Posted on: 2012/2/13 17:50
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
I'll ask the silly question of the day. How would one use a hub jack on the car and remove the tire or am I missing something in this application.

Posted on: 2012/2/13 19:25
Howard
 Top  Print   

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Pacdon
See User information
Hi guys... The 41-42 Clippers came with the Rim Jack and the Junior Packard Jack Stand. An instruction tag was attached which stated something like..Place the Jack in the outer rim of the wheel and jack up the car, place the jack stand under the axle, remove jack and remove the wheel. Reverse procedure to replace the wheel... The rim jacks were used by GM in 39-41 with a different style jack stand. Both the Packard and the GM rim jacks proved dangerous and were not very well accepted by their owners. The 41-42 Packards {not clippers} came with a Hub Jack and a Jack Stand. Same procedure as the Rim Jack only the Jack was placed under the hub and not the rim of the wheel. Junior Packards used the same stand as the Clippers. Senior Packards used an adjustable stand. Hope all the helps....

Posted on: 2012/2/13 23:02
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved