Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
222 user(s) are online (138 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 2
Guests: 220

Paul E. Gallagher, Todd W. White, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

New Treasure in the Shop!
Home away from home
Home away from home

Gene
See User information
I have finally brought home the 1939 Super 8 I've been working on buying since the first of last August. The engine is indeed in pieces and, so far, I've found very little to help me in the reassemble process. I've got everything from this site plus an original Chilton from the era,the 38/39 Service Manual, and Packard Parts and Service book for the Super 8 and Packard 12 for 15th, 16th, and 17th Series. It is very strange that the 1703 is not listed in this book.

There is also another seemingly mystery associated with this car. According to the Turnquist book, production of the 17th Series started on 9/20/38. I have official paperwork that shows this car to have been originally titled on June 15, 1938 so there is something of a puzzle here. The Theft code and VN number both say this is a 1939 17th Series. I'm wondering how it got titled before production or if the Turnquist book might be incorrect. I'll need to do further research.

If anyone out there has access to any detailed engine rebuild instructions for the 1939 320 engine and are willing to share I'd really appreciate it. At this time, all I really have are some drawings in the service manuals of the complete engine. These do not show detail.

Gene

Posted on: 2012/2/18 10:52
1949 Packard Super 8 Limousine
1939 Buick Special

War doesn't determine who's right; war determines who's left.
 Top  Print   

Re: New Treasure in the Shop!
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Ozstatman
See User information
Gene,
Congratulations on the purchase of, and for including your '39 Super Eight Touring Sedan in the Packard Owner's Registry. I'll be following your Project Blog as you bring it back to life.

Posted on: 2012/2/18 17:04
Mal
/o[]o\
====

Bowral, Southern Highlands of NSW, Australia
"Out of chaos comes order" - Nietzsche.

1938 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

1941 One-Twenty Club Coupe - SOLD

1948 Super Eight Limo, chassis RHD - SOLD

1950 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

What's this?
Put your Packard in the Packard Vehicle Registry!
Here's how!
Any questions - PM or email me at ozstatman@gmail.com
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved