Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
122 user(s) are online (75 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 122

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

(1) 2 3 »

My 633 Club Coupe
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Rod Seabrook
See User information
I acquired my 1929 633 a while ago. It was advertised in the local paper and I had never seen a Packard for sale here (Thunder Bay, Ontario). I knew from the picture that accompanied the ad that it was pretty special. The car was brought to Canada from Texas by a gentleman who had planned to restore it but that never happened. It was then sold as part of a real estate transaction to the guy I bought it from. He had no interest in restoring the car. I just discovered the Packard project blog and thought you guys might be interested in a picture of my car. It needs a lot of work (i.e. complete restoration)but I think it has potential. Having never attempted anything like this before, I'm hoping to get some guidance and ideas from the projects and other information sources on this terrific website.

Thanks for looking.

Rod

Attach file:

jpg  (44.73 KB)
4507_4f8df839ce2f9.jpg 639X479 px

Posted on: 2012/4/17 18:24
 Top  Print   

Re: My 633 Club Coupe
Home away from home
Home away from home

West Peterson
See User information
That's one of my favorite body styles, certainly for a closed car. I look forward to seeing your progress. We used to own a 633 phaeton. Fun cars to drive, if not a bit trucky (I don't mind). There were two kinds of water pumps on those. The early ones were direct power, and they weren't very good (we rebuilt ours at least 3 times, and each time it ended up failing within a few hundred miles). Most of those were retrofitted with the side-mounted pump, driven by a fan belt.

I'm also a BIG fan of disc wheels. Good luck!!!

Posted on: 2012/4/17 19:23
West Peterson
1930 Packard Speedster Eight Runabout (boattail)
1940 Packard 1808 w/Factory Air
1947 Chrysler Town and Country sedan
1970 Camaro RS

https://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=4307&forum=10

http://aaca.org/
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Let the ride decide
See User information
Rod,

Does the data plate show that the car was sold/delivered from a Texas dealer?

Posted on: 2012/4/17 19:27
 Top  Print   

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Rod Seabrook
See User information
No, the "Delivered" section of the plate is blank. I have noticed that this area is blank on some other plates I have seen posted on the internet. I'm not sure why.

Posted on: 2012/4/17 19:49
 Top  Print   

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Rod Seabrook
See User information
See, I'm learning something already:) Thanks West

Posted on: 2012/4/17 19:52
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Ozstatman
See User information
G'day Rod,
to PackardInfo, it's a great place for Packard owners with lots of knowledgeable and experienced members willing to share with and advise others. By all means study up on the Project Blogs and also download manuals, etc which are pertinent to your Series Packard. Lastly, I invite you to include your '29 633 Coupe in the Packard Owner's Registry.

Posted on: 2012/4/18 1:27
Mal
/o[]o\
====

Bowral, Southern Highlands of NSW, Australia
"Out of chaos comes order" - Nietzsche.

1938 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

1941 One-Twenty Club Coupe - SOLD

1948 Super Eight Limo, chassis RHD - SOLD

1950 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

What's this?
Put your Packard in the Packard Vehicle Registry!
Here's how!
Any questions - PM or email me at ozstatman@gmail.com
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Randy Berger
See User information
Welcome Rod and glad to have another member on board. That is an interesting car and looks very solid - a worthwhile restoration.

Posted on: 2012/4/18 9:20
 Top  Print   

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Rod Seabrook
See User information
Thanks Randy - The car is generally solid but some of the wood requires repair. While there is a lot of good informattion available on the mechanical parts of restoration there is little on repairing the wood framed bodies. It would be helpful if others posted good pictures of the wood framing during restoration when the upholstery was removed. This would give an idea of what the correct frame should look liked. I understand that white ash was used for the fraiming and that the joints were overlapped and screwed together without adhesive. As you can see from the picture, someone had previously redone the wood in the roof but it must be redone properly. Did Packard ever publish the specs or diagrams of the wood frames in their cars and how the wood framing process was handled during assembly. Any information would be much appreciated.

Cheers

Rod

Attach file:

jpg  (45.10 KB)
4507_4f8f1b3c08a5b.jpg 639X479 px

Posted on: 2012/4/18 14:52
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Let the ride decide
See User information
Rod,

You can try The Studebaker National Museum;
http://studebakermuseum.org/p/archives-and-education/archive-collections/

They may have blueprints of what you need, but I think you might have to have the part number for them to look it up. Others on this site might know for sure, or call and talk to Andrew Beckman.

Posted on: 2012/4/18 15:17
 Top  Print   

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Rod Seabrook
See User information
Thanks for the tip. I just sent the Museum an email - hopefully they can help.

Posted on: 2012/4/18 16:29
 Top  Print   

(1) 2 3 »

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved