Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
168 user(s) are online (81 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 4
Guests: 164

37Blanche, Chuck McDonald, Packard Don, kevinpackard, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

Black & White 1955 400 for sale on eBay for $5K OBO
Home away from home
Home away from home

Tim Wile
See User information
There is a rather complete 1955 Packard Four Hundred two-door coupe listed for sale on eBay. The car is located in the Pittsburgh area and the listing price is $4,999.00 or best offer. The seller states that the engine is not seized but does not say that it runs . . . hmmmm.

1955 PACKARD 400-HARD TOP-COUPE

The listing has a good number of photos and those of the engine compartment look pretty complete to me, other than the missing battery. Not many of the interior, though. Just tossing it out there for anyone interested in a 1955 two-door.

Attach file:

jpg  (46.39 KB)
3929_4f9c1688b4b8f.jpg 800X597 px

Posted on: 2012/4/28 11:09
PA Patrician (Tim Wile)

[size=x-small][color=000099][font=Georgia][url=https://packardinfo.c
 Top  Print   

Re: Black & White 1955 400 for sale on eBay for $5K OBO
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Cli55er
See User information
my make offer would be below half that asking price. but thats just me.

Posted on: 2012/4/28 11:21
1937 Packard 138-CD Deluxe Touring Limousine
Maroon/Black 1090-1021
[url=https://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/registry/View.php?ID=232]1955 Packard
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Tim Wile
See User information
It needs a lot of work, no doubt about that. Still, the guy can dream, can't he?

Posted on: 2012/4/28 12:56
PA Patrician (Tim Wile)

Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
It's certainly not the worst one that has found a willing buyer -- will be interesting to see if someone bites at that price.

Posted on: 2012/4/28 13:16
Howard
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

phsnkw
See User information
I see by the round openings on the interior panels that the car has manual windows (and probably seat as well). $5000 is a lot to ask for a non running, manual window/seat car. Although it is a nice combination of white/black outside and red/white inside.

Posted on: 2012/4/28 13:18
"Do you ever think about the things you do think about?"

Inherit the Wind
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Kevin AZ
See User information
I love those dark colored combinations. Wonder if that is the grey pearl or onyx paint. I wonder what the bride would say if ..... oooops....I better not go there for personal safety reasons.

Posted on: 2012/4/28 18:12
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Tim Wile
See User information
Has Randy Berger seen this one? This is in his neck of the woods, perhaps he could use another '55. He wouldn't have to worry about getting the power windows to work!

Posted on: 2012/4/28 19:53
PA Patrician (Tim Wile)

Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

55PackardGuy
See User information
It looks like it was driven until fairly recently, otherwise why the tires, fluid in the washer, etc. It's worn, that's for sure, and that suface corrosion looks like it was parked on the ground for quite a while ad exposed to moisture, but if it was near me I'd go look at it. Anything that's close to driveable is what I'm looking for.

This is a near twin to the 400 we had when I first started driving. Not having power windows or seats was never a problem, because it WENT LIKE HELL! Interior was nicer tho' and it was also black and white, with gray patterned cloth upholstery and black patent leather trim. Very cool. Even after the power steering went out (only in one direction!) I drove it, although I had to slow down some. It went to Detroit Lakes MN, a distance of hundreds of miles, with a lot of NOS parts, and the guy that bought it DROVE it away, even tho he'd brought a trailer. He really loved how that the power antenna worked.

Old cars are for fun IMO.

Posted on: 2012/4/29 15:35
Guy

[b]Not an Expert[/
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved