Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
128 user(s) are online (92 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 127

mjschenden, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

1938 body feed
Just popping in
Just popping in

daryl38
See User information
the schematic shows a body feed to light switch fuse and the other side to starter button This is a direct short where does body feed come from

Posted on: 2012/4/29 10:14
 Top  Print   

Re: 1938 body feed
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
Not sure which schematic you refer to as there are a couple of different paths used. Headlight switches are sort of a distribution center on earlier cars. Body feed is a fused supply to various items in the car rather than a supply to the fuse.

On all, the starting point is ammeter.

Su8 & 12 goes to what appears to be a splice then feeds both headlight switch and starter switch. Starter sw is also used as a tie point (may actually be splices or multiple wires on a single lug) to other places and finally to ign switch. Copy is poor but think body feed is called body lights on those schematics and comes from one of the fuses on headlight sw.

On the 6 & 8, slightly different. Ammeter goes directly to ign switch first which is a splice or tie point. Goes on to starter sw used as another tie point then finally to headlight switch where body feed again comes off one of the fuses.

Posted on: 2012/4/29 12:04
Howard
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Ozstatman
See User information
G'day daryl38,
to PackardInfo. I invite you to throw more light on your '38 Packard by including it in the Packard Owner's Registry here on PackardInfo.

Posted on: 2012/4/29 16:45
Mal
/o[]o\
====

Bowral, Southern Highlands of NSW, Australia
"Out of chaos comes order" - Nietzsche.

1938 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

1941 One-Twenty Club Coupe - SOLD

1948 Super Eight Limo, chassis RHD - SOLD

1950 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

What's this?
Put your Packard in the Packard Vehicle Registry!
Here's how!
Any questions - PM or email me at ozstatman@gmail.com
 Top  Print   

Just popping in
Just popping in

daryl38
See User information
In the manuel it shows the body feed to the light switch. this is a 8 cyclinder car. It looks like that would be a positive wire from the frame. I think it must be a negative wire or it will short schematics are old and hard to read. Got the car started Sunday for the first time in over 30 years.

Posted on: 2012/4/30 9:49
 Top  Print   

Just popping in
Just popping in

daryl38
See User information
I added it picture shows what I started with 1 year ago

Posted on: 2012/4/30 9:58
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
Don't have a schematic of any 38 body sections but doesn't appear body feed is doing much. Think the fuses were 5 or maybe 10 amp & usually enough to power things like interior or courtesy lights etc.

If you haven't already got it, there is an AEA schematic on the PAC websitehttp://www.packardclub.org/ (Left directory column, then Library & Wiring) where you can download a possibly better schematic than the factory supplied one available in the manual.

Posted on: 2012/4/30 10:21
Howard
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Ozstatman
See User information
Quote:
daryl38 wrote:I added it picture shows what I started with 1 year ago
for including your '38 Eight Business Coupe in the Registry. It certainly was quite a "challenge" from the pic included, also like your interior description of "rags".

Posted on: 2012/4/30 15:25
Mal
/o[]o\
====

Bowral, Southern Highlands of NSW, Australia
"Out of chaos comes order" - Nietzsche.

1938 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

1941 One-Twenty Club Coupe - SOLD

1948 Super Eight Limo, chassis RHD - SOLD

1950 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

What's this?
Put your Packard in the Packard Vehicle Registry!
Here's how!
Any questions - PM or email me at ozstatman@gmail.com
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved