Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
187 user(s) are online (120 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 3
Guests: 184

BigKev, todd landis, Tom (Packin31), more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

(1) 2 »

1952 Packard Mayfair
Home away from home
Home away from home

Packard0
See User information
I have a chance to buy a 1952 Mayfair in really good condition. I would say almost a number 2 condition. I can buy it for $12500. I think that's pretty fair, what do you guys think?

Posted on: 2012/5/15 21:47
 Top  Print   

Re: 1952 Packard Mayfair
Home away from home
Home away from home

Packard0
See User information
I need to decide today, the condition is really as good as I describe and I know you guys know the values pretty well.

Posted on: 2012/5/16 6:47
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Joseph Earl
See User information
According to Hagerty's pricing guide, a '52 Mayfair Hardtop maxes out at $12,000 for a No.2 car.

Attach file:

jpg  (56.94 KB)
4371_4fb3a23ab5022.jpg 980X678 px

Posted on: 2012/5/16 7:49
Joey

(?=#=?)

"If chrome got me home, I'd for sure still be stuck somewhere."

[url=http://pac
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Guscha
See User information
Packard0, so far you asked for the prices of

1922 Sport touring sedan
1953 Packard conv
1954 convertible
1948 Packard conv.
1954 Panama hardtop
1939 1708 Limo
1949 Super 8 conv.
1929 633 club sedan
1947 Super Clipper
1953 Caribbean
1948 Packard deluxe coupe sedan
1954 Packard conv. with 327 engine
1937 120 1093 flatback sedan
1954 Pacific 2 dr.
1953 Caribbean
1956 Patrician
1935 120
1929 626 Rumble seat coupe
1934 703 Eight Sedan
1937 Super 8 Club Sedan
1937 Super 8 limo
1952 Packard Mayfair

There is nothing wrong with it and I don't want that my question comes off the wrong way. Are you a car dealer?

Posted on: 2012/5/16 8:07
The story of ZIS-110, ZIS-115, ZIL-111 & Chaika GAZ-13 on www.guscha.de
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Packard0
See User information
I haven't bought one of those cars you listed, sorry. I just thought you guys knew the values better than me. I also thought this was the kind of forum to ask these kinds of questions

Posted on: 2012/5/16 10:18
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Randy Berger
See User information
As Guscha said "there is nothing wrong with it".
And YES, this is the forum to ask those kinds of questions.
Don't be overly sensitive just because you're a newbie - all folks and queries are welcome here.
As a matter of fact, my families first Packard was a 1952 Mayfair - Twilight Taupe and Sunset Red Metallic.
I learned to drive in that car and Packards have held a soft spot in me ever since. I hope you can buy the car at a decent price. You won't be disappointed.

Posted on: 2012/5/16 10:26
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
Randy's right on target, value is an OK topic here. I don't know about others but I wouldn't even think about commenting on value when a car is just described as nearly a #2. So much more should be known to even begin to discuss value: quality of paintwork and is it an original color, quality of the underlying body work; recent mechanical work like engine and transmission rebuilds (if any) and by whom, quality of interior materials and workmanship and if correct to OEM, and of course lots of photos. And of course and very important,whether the buyer is interested in authenticity and whether the buyer is purchasing for resale.

Posted on: 2012/5/16 10:38
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Rich Bishop
See User information
I'm no forum cop or anything, but I just want to say that I went back and looked at Packard0's posts and Guscha is on to something. All of Packard0's posts have been about "what's the value", for like 15-20 cars going back at least to 2010. This person hasn't contributed to any other forums, has never offered photos or details on the cars he's inquiring of and in most posts didn't follow through with replies or helpful leads.

That being siad, Tom Laferriere has a great 37 Super 8 for sale. I'm confident Tom is Trustworthy seller with tons of Packard experience in sales, operating and owning Packards. I don't think you can go wrong there. That is a helpful hint. You can continue probing the guys on here for value questions, but sooner or later you should contribute elsewhere.

I know this is a friendly forum, more friendly than I've ever seen, but its part of Internet/Web forum etiquette to at least contribute a small percentage of usefulness compared to what you take.

No offense meant, just saying.

Posted on: 2012/5/16 10:53
[color=0099FF]Respectfully,
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Jim in Boone
See User information
Don't feel bad about asking, knowing what the experts think about value is a subject that interests me anyway.

Jim

Posted on: 2012/5/16 10:58
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Packard0
See User information
Another reason I ask values on here is VMR and NADA don't seem to be very reliable. NADA seems to always be unrealistically high and VMR kind of low. I guess the values could be somewhere in the middle. I used to look at Manheim Gold before NADA bought them and they were fairly accurate I thought. I'm not sure what I can contribute but I'll try.

I do know where to look for the body tags on some of the pre-war cars :)

Posted on: 2012/5/16 11:04
 Top  Print   

(1) 2 »

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved