Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
168 user(s) are online (102 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 167

Patrick, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

floor and trunk mats for 1939 club coupe
Just popping in
Just popping in

Bill Van Eck
See User information
Does any one out there know where I can get new mats for my 39 club coupe. I need the floor mat as well as the trunk mat and what was used on the shelf above the spare tire. I am also looking for the material that was used to line the inside of the trunk. During my restoration I removed parts of a cloth product that was glued to the sides of the trunk and the back wall of the jump seats. I am to the point of the restore that I need to finish the trunk and I need help from all of you packard guys to locate these items.

thank you,
Bill

Posted on: 2013/3/22 13:28
 Top  Print   

Re: floor and trunk mats for 1939 club coupe
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
It would be helpful to know if it's a 110, 120, Super 8 or (should you be so fortunate! - a Twelve.

Posted on: 2013/3/22 13:50
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
Can't help on the mats but if your car used flock on the trunk sides, finding the exact flock material will be difficult. Most Packards thru 54 used flocking in various shades and several have looked in the last few years. One of our vendors mentioned original bags of the stuff do appear from time to time on ebay but I haven't seen any.

Modern stuff appears to be a finer or shorter fiber compared to the original. Short of replacing the side material with carpet, paint only, or just doing nothing, modern flock is about the only other option.

For reference here is an article mentioning the Packard name for the color on 39's. If you still have a decent sample to match, perhaps DonJerhttp://www.flockit.com/ will have something close or, for an additional charge they will custom mix a batch.

EDIT: I just noticed on DonJer's new website in addition to custom colors, they now mention custom fiber lengths being available. Perhaps they can do an exact match if you have a decent sample.

Attach file:

jpg  (36.80 KB)
209_514ca8db85ec4.jpg 383X633 px

Posted on: 2013/3/22 13:54
Howard
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Ozstatman
See User information
G'day Bill,
Although you've been a member for a looooooong time, see it's your first post so, to PackardInfo!
And for having already included your '39 One Twenty Club Coupe in the Registry.

Posted on: 2013/3/22 14:53
Mal
/o[]o\
====

Bowral, Southern Highlands of NSW, Australia
"Out of chaos comes order" - Nietzsche.

1938 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

1941 One-Twenty Club Coupe - SOLD

1948 Super Eight Limo, chassis RHD - SOLD

1950 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

What's this?
Put your Packard in the Packard Vehicle Registry!
Here's how!
Any questions - PM or email me at ozstatman@gmail.com
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

David Grubbs
See User information
See the 39 Packard Salesman's Data book, page 84-87 on the trunk. It has a rubber mat, but it doesn't show a photo of the mat to see if it ribbed or flat. It also discusses the flocking.https://www.packardinfo.com/xoops/html/downloads/1939_DataBook.pdf
Hope this helps.

Posted on: 2013/3/22 19:05
 Top  Print   

Just popping in
Just popping in

Bill Van Eck
See User information
I have a 39 club coupe and it is a 120

Posted on: 2013/3/26 17:00
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Ozstatman
See User information
Bill,
Sorry, when I compiled the link to the Registry entry for your Coupe I just picked up the description, it's shown as, in the Registry of "One Twenty Business Coupe". Additionally the Registry entry also details it as a Model Number "1298". I have corrected the description in the link in my post. All that remains is for the Registry Entry to be updated, which I'll leave for you to do as I see in your comments that you intend to add more details and a picture of the car.

Posted on: 2013/3/26 21:31
Mal
/o[]o\
====

Bowral, Southern Highlands of NSW, Australia
"Out of chaos comes order" - Nietzsche.

1938 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

1941 One-Twenty Club Coupe - SOLD

1948 Super Eight Limo, chassis RHD - SOLD

1950 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

What's this?
Put your Packard in the Packard Vehicle Registry!
Here's how!
Any questions - PM or email me at ozstatman@gmail.com
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved