Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
75 user(s) are online (51 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 2
Guests: 73

BDeB, HH56, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

Packard found.
Just popping in
Just popping in

Paul
See User information
Good morning all,

May I kindly ask, I have found a Packard, the brass manufactures plate fixed to the fire wall indicates 1082-18643, am I correct to presume this vehicle is a 1937 Fifteenth Series Six 115-C 4-Door Touring Sedan.
Any guidance from your kind readers would be appreciated.
Thank you.

Kind regards Paul.

Posted on: 2014/10/8 10:11
 Top  Print   

Re: Packard found.
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
Correct.

Posted on: 2014/10/8 10:36
 Top  Print   

Just popping in
Just popping in

Paul
See User information
Thank you kindly Owen.

Posted on: 2014/10/8 14:17
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Ozstatman
See User information
G'day Aussie Paul,
to PackardInfo, great to have another Aussie on board!

I invite you to include your '37 115C 4-Door Touring Sedan in the Packard Owner's Registry here on PackardInfo.

And, besides the numbers off the plate, could you also provide the large embossed number off the firewall and the engine number? If you don't want to do this publicly, could you provide the info by means of a PM to Owen_Dyneto who is undertaking a continuing research project about these numbers.

I'll also send you a PM shortly because I'm the Secretary of the Packard Automobile Club of Australia.

Posted on: 2014/10/8 17:32
Mal
/o[]o\
====

Bowral, Southern Highlands of NSW, Australia
"Out of chaos comes order" - Nietzsche.

1938 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

1941 One-Twenty Club Coupe - SOLD

1948 Super Eight Limo, chassis RHD - SOLD

1950 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

What's this?
Put your Packard in the Packard Vehicle Registry!
Here's how!
Any questions - PM or email me at ozstatman@gmail.com
 Top  Print   

Just popping in
Just popping in

Paul
See User information
Hi Ozstatman,

Thank you for your welcome and very informative web site.
Unfortunately I have not aquired this vehicle although I would love to own a Packard! Gents this vehicle is located in Glencoe NSW in a paddock just south of the town within the public accessed fosicking area marked by a yellow painted cattle grid. Being a restorer of classic cars myself I am always on the lookout for parts and find it fasinating to find an old classic. This particular vehicle possibly has a few parts on it that may be of use to members of this forum, there are two good doors, some cast/chrome pieces on the guards etc, window winder and door handles, front engine cowls, no glass though. There are no other identifying numbers on the manufactures plate and I can't remember seeing any other "tally" plate on the fire wall, these may have been previously removed, would any of your readers be able to post the history of this vehicle from the vehicle number 1082-18643? I hope so as I would be very interested in the history of this vehicle. Thank you again, I hope this information can assist someone, if I am down that way in the future I will post some photo's of the vehicle, well done on the degree of information contained here at Packardinfo, if only other enthusiast site were as well managed and populated as here.
Cooee for now, cheers Paul.

Posted on: 2014/10/9 8:18
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Ozstatman
See User information
G'day Paul,

PM sent.

Thanks for the extra info on the Packard, could be a source of parts for someone. But very much doubt that anyone would be able to provide any history.

Posted on: 2014/10/9 11:12
Mal
/o[]o\
====

Bowral, Southern Highlands of NSW, Australia
"Out of chaos comes order" - Nietzsche.

1938 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

1941 One-Twenty Club Coupe - SOLD

1948 Super Eight Limo, chassis RHD - SOLD

1950 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

What's this?
Put your Packard in the Packard Vehicle Registry!
Here's how!
Any questions - PM or email me at ozstatman@gmail.com
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved