Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
218 user(s) are online (156 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 217

Don B, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

1956 Caribbean Convertible Radio Antenna Cable Routing
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

carib1029
See User information
Does anyone know the factory routing (or seen an illustration) of the antenna cable from the rear antennas to the radio? I assumed it had been routed by my restorer before the new upholstery installation but alas, it was not, so I have to do it after the fact.

Posted on: 2016/4/10 16:58
 Top  Print   

Re: 1956 Caribbean Convertible Radio Antenna Cable Routing
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
Assuming the convertible layout is about the same as the HT it goes in almost a straight line forward from the right side antenna. There is a small space between the wheelwell and fender where it can pass to come out in the space around the rear quarter window. It uses one of the openings to drop down inside the quater panel armrest or cover and out to go under carpet to the area behind right kickpanel. It can go inside the area where door hinges are located and then out an opening, over the top of kickpanel and across to radio tuner section. Alternately, if the length is getting short it can stay out of the hinge space and just be contained behind the kickpanel.

Posted on: 2016/4/10 17:29
Howard
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Ozstatman
See User information
G'day carib1029,
See you're a loooooong time member, but first post, so

And I invite you to include your '56 Caribbean in the Packard Owner's Registry.

Posted on: 2016/4/10 17:45
Mal
/o[]o\
====

Bowral, Southern Highlands of NSW, Australia
"Out of chaos comes order" - Nietzsche.

1938 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

1941 One-Twenty Club Coupe - SOLD

1948 Super Eight Limo, chassis RHD - SOLD

1950 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

What's this?
Put your Packard in the Packard Vehicle Registry!
Here's how!
Any questions - PM or email me at ozstatman@gmail.com
 Top  Print   

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

carib1029
See User information
OK, thanks. So it just goes under the carpet and not underneath any part of the step plate?

Posted on: 2016/4/10 17:50
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
The channel on the step plate is rather flush with the jamb openings so not sure if you can get a cable to easily enter the space. On my HT at least, the flange of step plate would have to be bent out slightly to let the cable enter and exit smoothly. I think it may also depend on how well the carpet fits and lays and if it is per factory. I believe factory carpet went right to the side of plate but not under. If there is a slight gap or carpet lifts a bit it might be a good idea to try to run cable under but well fitting carpets can usually hold the cable. There is at least one aftermarket carpet supplier who wants his carpet to go under the plate edge which wouldn't leave much room for the cable.

If your floor hasn't been completely renewed you might find a screw hole or two along the path where clamps might have been placed.

Posted on: 2016/4/10 18:28
Howard
 Top  Print   

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

carib1029
See User information
Thanks again. Great help. Can't wait to listen to that exciting AM radio, whoop, whoop!

Posted on: 2016/4/10 18:33
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved