Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
158 user(s) are online (90 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 3
Guests: 155

Gary Kulp, TxGoat, pmhowe, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

Outside Mirror location on 37 Packard 120 Convertible Coupe Windshield Post
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

PackardBob
See User information
I am looking for some assistance from someone who has a set of the correct outside rear view mirrors mounted on the windshield posts on their 1937 Packard 120 Convertible Coupe. Using reference points on the windshield post, I am looking for dimensions that show the exact location of the base and screws that hold the mirror in place.
Thanks,
Bob

Posted on: 2018/5/25 8:56
 Top  Print   

Re: Outside Mirror location on 37 Packard 120 Convertible Coupe Windshield Post
Home away from home
Home away from home

wjames
See User information
Mine were on the windshield post when I got it
First thing I did was take then off, they hit the doors window if the windows were up. I am looking for the ones that attach to the doors just above the hinges.
There is a pic of my car in the registry 1936 120B Conv/coupe
Good luck with her
W

Posted on: 2018/5/25 11:43
 Top  Print   

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

PackardBob
See User information
Thanks for the insight. I am not sure I know where the Photo Registry is located. Can you tell me how to get there?
Where did it hit the side window? 36 did not have a vent window and my 37 does so I can't roll it down if that is where it hits. Are these Packard accessory mirrors? I ask because Packard engineering was a stellar group and I am surprised they would not have recognized the problem sooner than 36 or 37 and corrected it.
Do you still have the mirrors you removed?
Bob

Posted on: 2018/5/25 18:28
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Ozstatman
See User information
Here's a link to wjames '36 120B Convertible Coupe in the Packard Owner's Registry.

To go to either the Photo Archive or the Owner Registry just click on that item in the Main Menu listing on the left side of the screen(near the top). They can both be searched by year.

Posted on: 2018/5/25 20:30
Mal
/o[]o\
====

Bowral, Southern Highlands of NSW, Australia
"Out of chaos comes order" - Nietzsche.

1938 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

1941 One-Twenty Club Coupe - SOLD

1948 Super Eight Limo, chassis RHD - SOLD

1950 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

What's this?
Put your Packard in the Packard Vehicle Registry!
Here's how!
Any questions - PM or email me at ozstatman@gmail.com
 Top  Print   

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

PackardBob
See User information
Thanks for the link. It worked. I appreciate the assist and helpful hint.

Posted on: 2018/5/25 20:34
 Top  Print   

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

PackardBob
See User information
I also received a photo of a 37 Packard 120 Convertible Coupe with the outside rear view mirrors. I noticed the mirrors on the 37 were mounted much lower, even with the bottom chrome portion of the windshield frame. The mirrors on the 36 were mounted much higher on the windshield post. The windshield post leans backward which would place the higher mounted mirrors closer to the door when opened. That is why I am wondering how much interference wjames was seeing when his mirrors were hitting his window. If I mount them lower, maybe they won't hit the window.
Thanks,
Bob

Posted on: 2018/5/25 20:44
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
It's not an engineering drawing by any stretch, but doesn't the illustration of the outside mirror mounting for the convertible in the 1937 Six and 120 Accessory catalog give a good indication of the mounting position?

Posted on: 2018/5/26 8:27
 Top  Print   

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

PackardBob
See User information
Owen,
You are right. Didn't realize this piece of literature was available. Thanks for pointing it out. PackardInfo is a gold mine of information. With the mirror mounted down low like the picture shows, I think it might be less likely to interfere with the door window. The mirror was mounted much higher on the 36 Packard in the registry. That might account for the interference.
Thanks,
Bob

P.S. Now if I can only find a nice passenger side engine splash pan that is located between the engine and inner fender panel. Rusted and bent up ones are in abundance but I am looking for a nice straight one.

Posted on: 2018/5/26 16:22
 Top  Print   

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

PackardBob
See User information
It appears that the mirror mounted lower on the post does not interfere with the door. If someone has the exact dimensions for the mirror's two bolts, that would be great otherwise the picture in the Accessory book will have to suffice.
Thanks.

Posted on: 2018/5/29 23:10
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Packard Don
See User information
Not an expert by any means but these were very likely dealer-installed with the exact location at the whim of the installer. Even if a template had been included, it was probably not followed closely by the veteran service person installing it.

Posted on: 2018/5/30 12:57
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved