Happy Easter and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
157 user(s) are online (95 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 156

Ozstatman, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

Shipping woes
Home away from home
Home away from home

Highlander160
See User information
I'm sure it's on everyone's mind and making parts purchases a back burner option. 1st, USPS flat rate boxes. I've been including shipping on small items for that reason. 2nd, is it big? Heavy? Fastenal. Yeah, Fastenal. Somebody almost ALWAYS has a Fastenal near them unless you're way out in the middle of a 10,000 acre corn field. The low cost seems like a dream. The only low is you wait for their route. Might be a week before it leaves Detroit for Cincinnati or Atlanta but the cost is downright CHEAP! I had a heavy diagnostic machine sent from Las Vegas not long ago for $63. UPS was $170-something. Be creative. Just a cpl tips from your ol Uncle Jocko. Good luck...

And yes, I put it in parts for sale for what I thought was an obvious reason. If that was wrong, sorry...

Posted on: 2022/5/25 14:15
 Top  Print 

Re: Shipping woes
Home away from home
Home away from home

Packard Don
See User information
I am trying to get a tailpipe shipped cross country and it weighs only 8 lbs but Fastenal won’t take it for two reasons. One is that at 127” it’s too long and the other is that there is some vertical line up the middle of the country that they do not cross and the part is on the other side. Also too long for Greyhound and, with fuel costs, the cheapest truck quote was over $700 and went up to over $1200.

Posted on: 2022/5/25 14:24
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

64avanti
See User information
Yeh, Fastenal is weird that way.

Posted on: 2022/5/25 17:19
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Highlander160
See User information
Relay. Also, guys are always going dead head somewhere. "Empty trailer heading to Bumflugg, USA..."
Follow some soc media and see who's doing what. Theres a guy on TJJ/HAMB that hauls cars, see what his itinerary is. How bad ya want it?

Posted on: 2022/5/25 22:22
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Fish'n Jim
See User information
Have shipper run a hack saw through the middle and welderup when it gets home.
Oversize charges. I've paid many for one piece fish'n rods.
They used to take things like that by bus also. Greyhound or whomever survived?

Posted on: 2022/5/27 10:07
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Tim Cole
See User information
Things like this make me reminisce about when REA (Railway Express Agency) would haul anything. A baby elephant or a horse? No problem. And if they didn't get it to your door, it would at least be on hand at the local freight agent.

Posted on: 2022/5/27 11:03
 Top  Print 

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved