Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
102 user(s) are online (51 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 102

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

Fuel Pump Kit? 1937 120
Home away from home
Home away from home

TxGoat
See User information
Does anyone sell fuel pump kits for a '37 120 with a Carter dual action fuel pump?

Posted on: 2023/6/16 8:11
 Top  Print   

Re: Fuel Pump Kit? 1937 120
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
If our vendors do not have something you might try Then and Now Automotive. Many on the forum have used their kits. To narrow down the kit options to the specific one you need it sometimes helps to have the pump model number that is usually found stamped on one of the mounting flange edges.

Posted on: 2023/6/16 8:45
Howard
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Packard Don
See User information
I’m not sure if i would recommend Then and Now kits (except s a last resort) as the valves are always super-tight, more than a press fit. On the pump I just rebuilt, I hope it lasts a long time because it will never come apart again without some serious effort.

Posted on: 2023/6/16 11:40
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

TxGoat
See User information
If the valves press into place, they need to be tight. I had one fall out of a factory rebuilt FE Ford pump.

There is a Packard parts place in Tuscon, Arizona, but my computer will not open their website. Does anyone have a phone # or e-mail address for that vendor?

Kanter offers rebuilt pumps on an exchange basis. I'd rather have a kit, so as to avoid shipping, delay, etc.

The pump on my car looks new, but the internal parts are probably over 30 years old.

"Your browser is out of date!"

Yeah, so is my computer ... and so is my car.

Posted on: 2023/6/16 11:47
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
If you mean Tucson Packard, here is the contact info and Mike Chirco is a frequent visitor to the forum.

Attach file:

jpg  Tucson Packard.jpg (156.17 KB)
209_648c9371b07e2.jpg 1920X1402 px

Posted on: 2023/6/16 11:53
Howard
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Packard Don
See User information
These are MORE than a press. They do need to be tight but not that tight! The dealer in Tucson is Tucson Packard Parts and Mike Circo who runs it is a poster here.

Posted on: 2023/6/16 11:54
 Top  Print   

Webmaster
Webmaster

BigKev
See User information
-TOPIC MOVED TO PRE-WAR FORUM-

Posted on: 2023/6/16 12:42
-BigKev

1954 Packard Clipper Deluxe Touring Sedan -> Registry | Project Blog

1937 Packard 115-C Convertible Coupe -> Registry | Project Blog
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

TxGoat
See User information
Thanks for the information. I'll try to contact Mike in Tuscon. (A lot closer to me geographically)

Posted on: 2023/6/16 13:52
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

packardsix1939
See User information
You might also want to consider a rebuilding service. Parker Roaf of Parkers Packards in Massachusetts does excellent work. Parker bought out Art Gould's rebuilding business a few years ago and has a large stock of fuel pumps and pumps parts for both Packards and other makes. I've used Parker's shop for work on my 1939 Six in the past and have always been pleased with the results. Here is a link to his website:

https://parkerspackards.com/

Posted on: 2023/6/16 14:36
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved