Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
172 user(s) are online (99 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 8
Guests: 164

Ozstatman, Packard Don, humanpotatohybrid, 37Blanche, DavidM, Don B, packardbill, DM37, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

(1) 2 »

22nd Series door steps and rubber mat
Home away from home
Home away from home

Michael Evans
See User information
My car has been restored once before but I do not know what the door sill looks like as mine is flat with the floor and covered with an aluminium strip the door opening width and about 4" wide screwed down - is this correct ? or has it been altered ? Anyone with a 22nd Series Sedan out there who can post a photo of these areas (front and rear door sills) as they should be will get my heartfelt thanks

meaarch

Posted on: 2009/5/13 12:45
 Top  Print   

Re: 22nd Series door steps and rubber mat
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
You should have a ribbed rubber doorsill with PACKARD in large block letters in the center. They are vulcanized to a set of steel "slippers" that engage the slots in the metal rocker panel. They have been reproduced, but brace yourself before inquiring about the price. Also, my memory is a bit thin on this, but I believe the door sill on the inside abuts an aluminum plate with a rounded profile that covers the ends of the windlace and runs the width of the door opening. Someone will come along and post a picture I'm sure.

Posted on: 2009/5/13 14:18
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

JD in KC
See User information
Sorry, don't have a 22nd series... but here's a 23rd series, I think they are the same (sill-wise).

Attach file:

jpg  (8.83 KB)
188_4a0c46934ed63.jpg 360X270 px

jpg  (9.95 KB)
188_4a0c46ba8d5dc.jpg 360X272 px

Posted on: 2009/5/14 11:29
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Michael Evans
See User information
Thanks owen-dyneto

Yup next man down has come up with 23rd Series photos Thanks for you input

Best regards Michael

Posted on: 2009/5/17 11:39
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Michael Evans
See User information
Thanks JD in KC

Great photos on a great car - yours and africapackard's pictures will be a huge help in restoring these areas.

Now next subject is HORNS - go to Forums and feed in 'Horns'
to see my predicament

Thanks again - Cheers Michael

Posted on: 2009/6/8 10:14
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
Feeding in "horns" does a simple word search and brings up anything the word horns has been mentioned in -- no matter the context -- so assume that is what you mean by predicament because of all the extraneous material.

Are you searching for information as to how they work (or not), what type, are they missing, etc. Am sure we can help if you let us know what you seek. Don't recall them being discussed very much so there may not be a lot of info on site.

Posted on: 2009/6/8 11:30
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Michael Evans
See User information
Hi HH56

My restorer could not get my horns working - so I phoned around over here and found (nearly on by doorstep (Stoop ?))- an auto electrician who has made them work good as new - a restored pair over here would be ?240 - my electrician charged ?35 and another ?5 got them dechromed ready to rechrome sometime in the future

Best regards
Michael

Posted on: 2009/8/24 12:20
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
Glad you got them going. Sorry we couldn't help but your post just said horns so didn't know if missing, not working, wrong kind or just what info you needed.

Posted on: 2009/8/24 12:29
 Top  Print   

Webmaster
Webmaster

BigKev
See User information
Chromed? I thought all the post-war horns were painted black.

Posted on: 2009/8/24 19:03
-BigKev

1954 Packard Clipper Deluxe Touring Sedan -> Registry | Project Blog

1937 Packard 115-C Convertible Coupe -> Registry | Project Blog
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Eric Boyle
See User information
My '48 horns were originally black, they were painted over in the same color as the car sometime in the past. I've never seen a bathtub Packard with chrome horns that were stock.

Posted on: 2009/8/24 20:49
 Top  Print   

(1) 2 »

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved