Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
230 user(s) are online (137 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 229

TxGoat, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

(1) 2 3 »

4th Anniversary
Webmaster
Webmaster

BigKev
See User information
Just a quick note to say thank you to everyone that has contributed to the website as we come up on our 4th Anniversary. Amazing how time flies!

Just as point of reference to how much the website has grown:

-We are on the ragged edge of out growing our current web server plan space-wise. Again.

-Current all the content available for download exceeds what will fit on a DVD. So now it has to go on two of them.

-We are getting close to having 10,000 pics in the Photo Archive

-We have 2020 active users (folks who have logged in within the last 6 months)

-We have 610 Packards in the Registry under Mal's dedicated care-taking

-Over 48000 forum posts on various Packard (and non Packard) related topics.

So big to everyone that has made this possible! Also special thanks to everyone that has donated content, time, and funds to website! Without all you folks the website wouldn't be where it is today.

Once I figure out the current server situation, (I have a feeling my wife and my credit card bill will not be happy with me soon) then I plan on making some updates and improvements to the website. On the short list is upgrading the core website software. Even thought I have made many tweaks and changes to the core, the actual software I use is about 2 years behind in updates. So I need to bring it current to be able to add some new features. Once that is done, and all my tweaks merged back in, then I plan on adding a Packard Wiki here to the website. Stay tuned for more info on that. I also plan on redesigning the Registry to make it a bit more visually appealing. This will not affect the data in the Registry, just how it is displayed.

So lots of new stuff coming folks!

Posted on: 2010/4/8 15:30
-BigKev

1954 Packard Clipper Deluxe Touring Sedan -> Registry | Project Blog

1937 Packard 115-C Convertible Coupe -> Registry | Project Blog
 Top  Print   

Re: 4th Anniversary
Home away from home
Home away from home

Dan
See User information
And thank YOU for all that you do for all of us Internet Packard fans!....

Posted on: 2010/4/8 15:42
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
Kev, endless thanks to you for what you've done for the Packard enthusiast with this site - it's nothing short of amazing. Hopefully enough members will come forth with monetary contributions to offset the new costs, but it continues to bother me, and I know others feel the same, that you have any out-of-pocket costs -- we should be the ones to pay, not you.

Again, thanks, danke schoen, merci.

Posted on: 2010/4/8 16:28
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Mr.Pushbutton
See User information
Thank you my friend! Here's to many more!

Posted on: 2010/4/8 16:41
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Pack120c
See User information
A big thank you to you Kevin
Your hard work and dedication to providing such a tremendous resource is inspiring. Here's to many more.

Posted on: 2010/4/8 16:48
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

JWL
See User information
Thank you Kevin. My donation is in the mail.

(o{I}o)

Posted on: 2010/4/8 16:52
We move toward
And make happen
What occupies our mind... (W. Scherer)
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Randy Berger
See User information
Again - a hearty thank you for all you have done and continue to do. I echo Dave's sentiments about your out-of-pocket costs. This site has grown into the premier Packard site because of your dedication and hands-off approach to shepherding the flock. We are all grateful.
It seems like just yesterday we were conspiring across the planet to express our thanks on the Third Anniversary. May we all have many more.

Posted on: 2010/4/8 17:05
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Dave Kenney
See User information
My goodness how time flies when you are having fun! A big thank you also from north of the border. This website wouldn't be possible without you. I hate to hear that you are not meeting expenses from contributions for providing us with a Packard enthusiast gathering place nonpareil!

Posted on: 2010/4/8 17:55

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

BH
See User information
Kev -

Seems incredible that this is ONLY the 4th Anniversary of PackardInfo. With so much that has been accomplished, it seems like it should be that many more!

As I've often said, I was skeptical when you first launched P'Info - wondering what the world needed with yet another Packard site. Yet, as things began to snowball, I saw more potential, here, than any other site for Packard enthusiasts.

After just four years, I'd bet that P'Info enjoys more participation than any other Packard-related forum that's been around even twice as long - or more.

With all the donations of time, talent and material, P'Info is so much more than just another online water-cooler site, but there's always room for more.

This site, alone, should be enough reason for any Packard enthusiast who isn't already online to get connected, now.

With every year that P'Info is around, here's hoping we have that many more!

Posted on: 2010/4/8 18:59
 Top  Print   

Webmaster
Webmaster

BigKev
See User information
Thanks guys for all the kind words and support! It's all a community effort because a forum based website is only as good as its users.

Thanks folks!

Posted on: 2010/4/8 20:37
-BigKev

1954 Packard Clipper Deluxe Touring Sedan -> Registry | Project Blog

1937 Packard 115-C Convertible Coupe -> Registry | Project Blog
 Top  Print   

(1) 2 3 »

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved