Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
89 user(s) are online (64 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 88

Kiwi Lad, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

1924 5 passenger Touring
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

docgartner
See User information
Greetings,

Might anyone have the overall length for a 1924 5 passenger Touring? I would like to make plans for relocating my father's car (which is 460 miles away) and this dimension would help in planning the depth of a garage space.

Thanks for your time.

Seth Gartner

Posted on: 2011/10/13 15:52
 Top  Print   

Re: 1924 5 passenger Touring
Home away from home
Home away from home

Rich Bishop
See User information
Seth,

The 1924 Single Six Fact Book is located here

https://www.packardinfo.com/xoops/html/downloads/1924_226-233_Single-Six_FactBook.pdf

It has all kinds of info pertaining to your model, given the brief description you gave. The site also has countless other documents and Packard sales information at your disposal.

According to the book, your 5 Passenger Touring has a 126" wheelbase and a 179 7/8" overall length.

Posted on: 2011/10/13 18:45
[color=0099FF]Respectfully,
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
There was also a 5-pass touring body offered on the Eight cylinder chassis with 136 inch wheelbase so I think we have to first identify the car in question. The listing of 1924 is pretty meaningless as Packard wasn't producing by model year until 1937. The # of cylinders and wheelbase should pin it down in the absence of knowing the series and model.

Posted on: 2011/10/13 19:45
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Ozstatman
See User information
G'day Seth,
to PackardInfo. If it's OK with your Dad I invite you to include his '24 5 passenger Touring in the Packard Owner's Registry here on PsckardInfo.

Posted on: 2011/10/13 23:19
Mal
/o[]o\
====

Bowral, Southern Highlands of NSW, Australia
"Out of chaos comes order" - Nietzsche.

1938 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

1941 One-Twenty Club Coupe - SOLD

1948 Super Eight Limo, chassis RHD - SOLD

1950 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

What's this?
Put your Packard in the Packard Vehicle Registry!
Here's how!
Any questions - PM or email me at ozstatman@gmail.com
 Top  Print   

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

docgartner
See User information
Thanks for the welcome, and prompt replies.

I believe the vehicle to be the 5 passenger Touring as this was told to me by my father. With sadness I'll report the reason for my interest in this car is that it has become mine upon my father's death this past summer. There are so many questions I wish I had asked regarding it's history that will never be answered now. I do know that I am the third owner of it now. It sits waiting for some attention to return it to operating condition as it was, only 5 years past. I am happy to have the memories of driving around town with my father at my side and that motivates my desire to have the car moved to NC so I can maintain and enjoy it. I know my children are looking forward to it as well. I will be happy to share more of this car with others once this can be accomplished. I look forward to crawling over/under it looking for identifying numbers to learn more about this great machine.

Thank you for this help and I am sure you will hear more from me as I go forward. I have learned so much already just from this site alone!

Seth

Posted on: 2011/10/14 20:11
 Top  Print   

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

David Stewart
See User information
Seth, I have a1925 single 8 143 7 pass touring. I would be glad to help you with any info I can on you 5 pass. call me whenever and let chat about it. I am in Texas 903/9918-3726

Posted on: 2011/10/15 5:52
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Ozstatman
See User information
Seth,
for including, after overcoming a few difficulties(BigKev I'll have to email you about that), your '24 Single Six Touring in the Packard Owner's Registry.

Posted on: 2012/8/20 16:15
Mal
/o[]o\
====

Bowral, Southern Highlands of NSW, Australia
"Out of chaos comes order" - Nietzsche.

1938 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

1941 One-Twenty Club Coupe - SOLD

1948 Super Eight Limo, chassis RHD - SOLD

1950 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

What's this?
Put your Packard in the Packard Vehicle Registry!
Here's how!
Any questions - PM or email me at ozstatman@gmail.com
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved