Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
167 user(s) are online (99 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 2
Guests: 165

William Grosz, 39Rollson, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

(1) 2 3 »

coming to a magazine rack near you........
Webmaster
Webmaster

BigKev
See User information
Well as some of you know I have been taking a local class at the community college for Autobody. This includes a little welding, fabrication, paint, and general dent and body panel repair. The instructor is Jerry Sievers who owns a local shop here in So Calif, and is a pretty well known painter. His shop does lots of custom cars and also the paint work for a majority of the local NHRA cars.

Well as part of the class we are going to work on a project truck (doing the body work and body mods). The build of this truck will be documented by Custom Classic Trucks magazine. They took a group photo of us today with the truck as is. This truck appeared in their magazine last year when it was first purchased and some initial work was done. Now that project is coming back to front as a "student" built truck.

So here is the article from last year:

http://www.customclassictrucks.com/techarticles/0704cct_1986_dodge_d150/index.html

Hopefully towards the end of summer the article with our class doing the build should be out. They editor is not sure if it will all come out in a single issue, or spread over several issues.

Perhaps I need to wear a PackardInfo.com workshirt in class

Posted on: 2008/3/15 21:06
-BigKev

1954 Packard Clipper Deluxe Touring Sedan -> Registry | Project Blog

1937 Packard 115-C Convertible Coupe -> Registry | Project Blog
 Top  Print   

Re: coming to a magazine rack near you........
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Ozstatman
See User information
Quote:

BigKev wrote:
.....Perhaps I need to wear a PackardInfo.com workshirt in class

Kev,

Sounds like a great way to help spread the word.

And......Where can I buy one? No make that Six! I'm serious Kev and I'm sure there'll be many others who would too.

Posted on: 2008/3/15 21:57
Mal
/o[]o\
====

Bowral, Southern Highlands of NSW, Australia
"Out of chaos comes order" - Nietzsche.

1938 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

1941 One-Twenty Club Coupe - SOLD

1948 Super Eight Limo, chassis RHD - SOLD

1950 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

What's this?
Put your Packard in the Packard Vehicle Registry!
Here's how!
Any questions - PM or email me at ozstatman@gmail.com
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Richard Taylor
See User information
Big Kev,
I'm with Mal !
Put me down for another half dozen.

Posted on: 2008/3/16 8:40
 Top  Print   

Webmaster
Webmaster

BigKev
See User information
Well I was only joking about the shirts. I currently don't have the resources to put a shirt together. But if someones wants to take a lead on that and wants to sell them at fair (non profit mongering) price to cover their costs, then I am fine with that. I just dont want the website to turn into a conduit for selling things. Hence why there is no commerical advertisments on the website.

I guess if people are really interested and want to have a shirt to show their support for the website, then one thing I could do it create a shirt on CafePress.com, and then you could just buy them from that website at what ever their cost is. I will do some poking around later and see what options are available.

Posted on: 2008/3/16 12:40
-BigKev

Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Randy Berger
See User information
Count me in for at least one!

Posted on: 2008/3/16 12:45
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

BH
See User information
I knew CafePress sold some novelty shirts, but did not know that you could "roll yer own" there.

Wonderful that they accept JPEG images, but tell you why PNG is better. They also give A LOT of detail on optimum image specifications and templates for all sorts of product.

Heck, you already have the makings of a good shirt with the layout you used for the bizcards - just needs the white space tightened up a bit. You have to be careful, though, as not everyone is into t-shirts.

Posted on: 2008/3/16 19:09
 Top  Print   

Webmaster
Webmaster

BigKev
See User information
Since there is interest in having a PackardInfo.com shirt, mug, hat, etc, to show your support for the website, and to provide some mobile billboards , I created a store at CafePress, and uploaded some art work.

When you create a CafePress website, you can set a "Markup" on products you sell. I set the markup to $0.00. So this should mean you are paying what ever CafePress charges. So basically you are buying the shirts (or whatever you want to order) from CafePress, and they are the ones collecting any money, and doing all the shipping. Neither myself, nor the website is collecting receiving any revenue on these shirts. You folks wearing them out and about, and enjoying them is good enough for me.

So anyway, not that part is out of the way, there are a few different styles of shirt (all different sizes), also a hat, and a few other odds and ends. If you guys see anything else on CafePress that you would like with the PackardInfo.com banner on it, then let me know, and I add it to the store.

So that all being said, here is the link for the CafePress Store:

http://www.cafepress.com/packardinfo

This is what will be printed on the shirts, mug, etc. (If you guys have any other ideas, of what something different for artwork, then just let me know)

(Click on the Image for a Sharper View)

Attach file:

jpg  (21.57 KB)
1_47de0e4938b65.jpg 800X217 px

Posted on: 2008/3/17 1:23
-BigKev

Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Ozstatman
See User information
Kev,

Thanks for that, now we will be able to demonstrate our support.

And keep us posted on when the magazine will come out, although here in Oz there will be a lag from your news stand date.

Posted on: 2008/3/17 1:34
Mal
/o[]o\
====

Bowral, Southern Highlands of NSW, Australia
"Out of chaos comes order" - Nietzsche.

1938 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

1941 One-Twenty Club Coupe - SOLD

1948 Super Eight Limo, chassis RHD - SOLD

1950 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

What's this?
Put your Packard in the Packard Vehicle Registry!
Here's how!
Any questions - PM or email me at ozstatman@gmail.com
 Top  Print   

Webmaster
Webmaster

BigKev
See User information
Well I am going to try to be able to post a couple pictures or excepts from the article here once it comes out. I will talk to the editor about it next time I see him.

Posted on: 2008/3/17 1:40
-BigKev

Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Thomas Wilcox
See User information
Big Kev,

I am sure those of us using your site would not mind paying a little extra for a shirt to help support the site. You do a lot of work, and an extra buck on a shirt to show our appreciation is, in my opinion, the right thing.

Just my two cents.

Tom

Posted on: 2008/3/17 9:25
--
Thomas Wilcox
34 Roadster, [url=https://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/r
 Top  Print   

(1) 2 3 »

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved