Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
254 user(s) are online (128 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 253

moodydavid16, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

(1) 2 »

V8 registry
Home away from home
Home away from home

PackardV8
See User information
Those of u with V8's and the Olds Oil pump conversion mite want to update your registry like i did mine. Add "Olds oil pump conversion" to the "Model" column. That's the only place i could see to add it that would make it evident when the Registry is FIRST viewed.

It would be beneficial for everyone to be able to keep up with this information as cars mey tend to change hands over the years. I added the date of installation and operation to the descriptions that can be seen when u click on the model column.

OR, if u have an Aller or PI pump indicate that.

Posted on: 2008/3/20 20:37
 Top  Print   

Re: V8 registry
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Randy Berger
See User information
Good thought about updating auto info, particularly bore, stroke, oil pump, etc.

Posted on: 2008/3/20 21:10
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Packard53
See User information
Hey all you Packard V8 guys out there just always remember one thing. When it comes to Packard eight cylinder engines EIGHT IN A ROW IS ALWAYS BETTER.

Now after making that statement I am getting heck out of here.

John F. Shireman

Posted on: 2008/3/20 21:21
REMEMBERING BRAD BERRY MY PACKARD TEACHER
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Randy Berger
See User information
John, I agree and eight divided into TWO rows is twice as good!
(Owen will never forgive me )

Posted on: 2008/3/20 23:04
 Top  Print   

Webmaster
Webmaster

BigKev
See User information
Well I just got done (after 4 hours of coding) making some changes to the Registry to support a Modifications section.

Here is how it works:

When a car is added to the database or edited, you will now find a modification section.

It has 5 catagories (Engine, Transmission, Brakes, Body, Other) that you can check, and then it has a general modification section where you write up all the detail.

So for example with the "Olds Oil Pump conversion". You would click the Engine catagory, and then describe the Olds Pump Modification in the detail area. I didnt want to try to list every possible specific modification, as that would turn into a nightmare in the database to manage.

You can also select as many catagories as you want. Which ever ones you select will then create an icon on the Registy that people then can see right away. So for example as a test on my car, I selected all 5 catagories, and then took this screen shot.

Resized Image

So in this picture you can see where every Modification catagory I selected will add the icon that represent that catagory. This allow people looking in the database to identify which cars have modifications at a glance, and the general catagory (catagories) of that modification.

I changed my car's modification catagory back to just to "Other" (because of the electrical modifications). So if you go to the Registry now, you will see it just has the single "Other" icon which is a screwdriver.

Let me know how it works.

Posted on: 2008/3/21 1:34
-BigKev

1954 Packard Clipper Deluxe Touring Sedan -> Registry | Project Blog

1937 Packard 115-C Convertible Coupe -> Registry | Project Blog
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

JD in KC
See User information
Kev.. looks like there might be a problem with new adds. See Owner registry.

Posted on: 2008/3/21 8:55
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

BH
See User information
As I've not modified my Packards, I haven't tried this, but like the idea a lot better than clogging up the Model Name entry with additional comments.

Thin about how the Registry is sorted by Year/Series, then Model Name. That groups similar models together, making it easy for newcomers to find member-owners with similar interests.

Posted on: 2008/3/21 10:22
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
It seems to function OK on existing edits-I added my PI oil pump mod to engine and it seemed to work as advertised.

Posted on: 2008/3/21 10:46
 Top  Print   

Webmaster
Webmaster

BigKev
See User information
JD, I looked at Joe's entry and the problem was with the name of the Photo he submitted. It has illegal characters in the filename. While these characters may be ok on PC, they are not Unix/Web Friendly. So I changed the pic to the "missing" one for right now. If he renames his photo to some like "JOES_56J" or something like that, then it should be ok. You can't have any of these characters in the file name: !@#$%^&*(){}?/\:;'",+=*
Also I noticed that he had "Pre-Series" selected for the Series, I changed this to 56th.

Posted on: 2008/3/21 11:58
-BigKev

1954 Packard Clipper Deluxe Touring Sedan -> Registry | Project Blog

1937 Packard 115-C Convertible Coupe -> Registry | Project Blog
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

JD in KC
See User information
Glad it's not related to your changes. Thanks for the explanation.

Posted on: 2008/3/21 18:21
 Top  Print   

(1) 2 »

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved