Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
105 user(s) are online (78 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 104

Don B, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 2 3 4 (5) 6 7 8 »

Re: Seeking My Clipper's History
Home away from home
Home away from home

Kevin AZ
See User information

Nice mods.

Posted on: 2013/1/24 20:53
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Cli55er
See User information
man thats a great pic!! lol

be forwarned though....mine is a 374 now and has had cam work done....and the entire engine is balanced....rods/pistons/crank.

your goin down buster lol ;0)

Hank

Posted on: 2013/1/24 22:12
1937 Packard 138-CD Deluxe Touring Limousine
Maroon/Black 1090-1021
[url=https://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/registry/View.php?ID=232]1955 Packard
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
Gentlemen, tsk tsk! A Packard was made for gentlemen by gentlemen & gentlemen don't smoke tires. You must have read the ads promising smooth jar free take offs and lightning fast acceleration. Nothing was said about tire smoking.

But putting that aside, when you have your match, make sure you find someone to push a wheelbarrow behind & pick up what pieces falls out or off the cars. Wouldn't want to leave a dirty track.

Posted on: 2013/1/24 22:42
Howard
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

BDC
See User information
I refuse to have fb! Everybody is all about privacy laws, but they put everything on fb. It's an absolute waste of time if you ask me. If I'm not important enough to sent me an email or give me a call, then I don't need to be "be-friended"

Posted on: 2013/1/25 8:33
I can explain it to you but I can't understand it for you

Bad company corrupts good character!

Farming: the art of losing money while working 100 hours a week to feed people who think you are trying to kill them
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Craig the Clipper Man
See User information
BDC:

While I don't blame you for not wanting Facebook, please understand that when you are investigating the history of a 57-year-old car, you have to be willing to use whatever sources you can to find information. While some people go crazy and document every minute of their lives and let everyone know what they ar thinking ad nauseum, sometimes Facebook is the only way to track people down. In most cases, if I have an e-mail address, I will utilize it first; but when I do not have the address, I will use other sources.

One more thing, you can use Facebook to display photos of your car(s) to civilians and friends. Who knows? Maybe some of them might become enthusiastic and "ask the man who owns one."

Posted on: 2013/1/25 14:21
You can make a lot of really neat things from the parts left over after you rebuild your engine ...
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Craig the Clipper Man
See User information
I hate to say this, but this will likely be my last posting as far as my search for my car's history is concerned. I never realized just how difficult it is to track an old car's past, especially when one possesses its VIN; but obviously this is not the case. The more I delved into its past, the more confusing and frustrating things became. It is kind of like running into a brick wall in slow motion!

Particularly disheartening was the complete lack of a response from one of the previous owners, who, by all indications, is still alive and living in Minnesota. I sent him a letter asking for help, as well as a couple of e-mails, and received nothing back. I think I will chalk it up to possible bad health. I just don't know.

My other lead, a name on a service receipt from Albuquerque in April 1962, also has not resulted in any response. In this case I tried e-mail, Facebook, and finally a written letter.

Other avenues, such as the Studebaker-Packard Club of Albuquerque, New Mexico DMV, and Studebaker Museum, all came up blank.

I am glad I made the effort, however. As they say, nothing tried is nothing gained.

Posted on: 2013/2/5 15:41
You can make a lot of really neat things from the parts left over after you rebuild your engine ...
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

JWL
See User information
Even though you have not been successful so far does not mean that one of your leads will respond in the future. You still have two names of previous owners, most of us have none. Please stay in touch and let us know about your adventures with your Clipper.

(o{}o)

Posted on: 2013/2/5 16:12
We move toward
And make happen
What occupies our mind... (W. Scherer)
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
I believe it was Kevin Costner in "The Untouchables" remake who said "never give up". JW's, right you never know when something may surface. Though I bought both my Packards from original owners, it was a chance meeting at a gas station when I was approached by a driver from out-of-state who was the original family chauffeur's nephew and filled in some history for me. Stay optimistic!

Posted on: 2013/2/5 16:20
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

kens53clip
See User information
Things could be worse. Your previous owner could be a mob hitman whose car was stolen from him who wants to take revenge on whoever now has the car. You do have a nice car
Ken

Posted on: 2013/2/5 16:25
Ken
53 Clipper Deluxe 4 Dr.

Project Blog
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Jim in Boone
See User information
I would echo what others have said, don't give up, but don't fret over it either, sometimes good things happen when we lest expect them. Perhaps they're on an extended vacation, maybe your email got caught in a spam folder, maybe some problem in their life that is all consuming at the time.

When I think of cars that I've owned I probably wouldn't know the sort of info you are seeking as I don't know the id numbers of those vehicles, well except for one that I still have the id tag taken off when I painted the car nearly 50 years ago, but it would be fun to share if someone asked me, but then I'm a bit of a car nut and like history as well.

Jim

Posted on: 2013/2/5 17:26
 Top  Print   

« 1 2 3 4 (5) 6 7 8 »

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved