Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
200 user(s) are online (135 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 3
Guests: 197

BDeB, Aiden, Big Ben, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

Bottom Bottom   Previous Topic Previous Topic   Next Topic Next Topic   Register To PostTopic is Locked

« 1 ... 81 82 83 (84) 85 86 87 ... 170 »

Re: Wade's Workshop
Home away from home
Home away from home

Matt snape
See User information
Get well soon Mal. If others previously thought you looked like you had been beaten with the 'ugly stick', they might well now say that you fell out of the 'ugly tree'... and hit every branch on the way down!

Not that I would ever say such a thing about such an estemed gentleman, but others might

Seriously though, I hope you are feeling better in record time and with some luck I will be able to drop in and see you at Wades Workshop next week.

Posted on: 2011/7/25 1:44
If at First You Don't Succeed - Skydiving is Not For You...

Home away from home
Home away from home

Peter Packard
See User information
G'day Mat et al, Welcome to the Bells palsy club, I had Chicken pox encephalitis in 1986 and the RH side of my face sags regularly. Some say that it gives me a very 19 Forties patina. Good luck with getting the smile back. I never did but you may be luckier. WRT Noels R6, The R6 is a very rudimentary box, without a Governor and the fact that the solenoid would have automatically disengaged due to spring pressure would have rendered the box ok to start off. This may not have occurred of course but Noel would have noticed a oproblem in reversing prior to driving off as normal on his journey. I would surmise that oil starvation was the root cause of the failure as the planetary gears are steel to steel with no bushes or bearings. I recommend and do so myself check that the two gearbox levels in an R6 are OK before I travel interstate more than 500 km. R6 boxes are good to instal as they do not require electrics to work but they are fragile in some areas. best regards Peter Toet

Posted on: 2011/7/25 6:53
I like people, Packards and old motorbikes

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Cli55er
See User information
oh no Mal....that's Mal (that's spanish)

get better soon mate (that's Australian, learned it from Fosters...Australian for beer)

Hank

Posted on: 2011/7/25 8:56
1937 Packard 138-CD Deluxe Touring Limousine
Maroon/Black 1090-1021
[url=https://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/registry/View.php?ID=232]1955 Packard

Home away from home
Home away from home

JWL
See User information
Mal, I wish you a speedy and complete recovery. In the meantime keep us posted on happenings at Wade's. Take care - John

(o{I}o)

Posted on: 2011/7/25 11:25
We move toward
And make happen
What occupies our mind... (W. Scherer)

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Ozstatman
See User information
to all for your support and best wishes. BP seems more of an inconvenience than a problem but recovery is a long term matter, usually 6 months or more. With my "new look" main thing I'm worried about is scaring the grand-daughters! With regard to Peter Packard's experience I've never had a good smile so maybe this can work in reverse and improve mine?

As for the workshop, I dropped in yesterday. Showed the guys my "new look" and caught up with Wade. He was trying to install the neoprene seals to the trans top but without success. Instead switched to making some blanks from a sheet of neoprene but was having difficulty in doing that. We'll see how things have progressed tomorrow with my return to action.

PS - Still transmitting from Macca's - enjoyed the McMuffin, Hash Browns and OJ this morning, an earlier start saw improved internet speed!

Posted on: 2011/7/25 17:48
Mal
/o[]o\
====

Bowral, Southern Highlands of NSW, Australia
"Out of chaos comes order" - Nietzsche.

1938 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

1941 One-Twenty Club Coupe - SOLD

1948 Super Eight Limo, chassis RHD - SOLD

1950 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

What's this?
Put your Packard in the Packard Vehicle Registry!
Here's how!
Any questions - PM or email me at ozstatman@gmail.com

Home away from home
Home away from home

Stephen Houseknecht
See User information
Best Wishes on a complete and speedy recovery.

Posted on: 2011/7/25 19:50
Stephen

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Randy Berger
See User information
Mal, best wishes for a speedy recovery. Don't let it interfere with your lifestyle.
But you're like me - very little style - all determination.

Posted on: 2011/7/25 21:24

Home away from home
Home away from home

Thomas Wilcox
See User information
Mal,

Best wishes for a speedy recovery. From your picture, you now sort of look like a pirate. Perhaps you could get a parrot?

Aaargh,

Tom

Posted on: 2011/7/26 7:39
--
Thomas Wilcox
34 Roadster, [url=https://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/r

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Ozstatman
See User information
Tom,

The pictures speak for themselves.

Attach file:

jpg  (23.89 KB)
226_4e2f48b5b679b.jpg 318X512 px

jpg  (18.07 KB)
226_4e2f48c7bba7a.jpg 390X512 px

Posted on: 2011/7/26 18:09
Mal
/o[]o\
====

Bowral, Southern Highlands of NSW, Australia
"Out of chaos comes order" - Nietzsche.

1938 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

1941 One-Twenty Club Coupe - SOLD

1948 Super Eight Limo, chassis RHD - SOLD

1950 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

What's this?
Put your Packard in the Packard Vehicle Registry!
Here's how!
Any questions - PM or email me at ozstatman@gmail.com

Home away from home
Home away from home

Guscha
See User information
<iframe width="425" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/5GKneSp069g" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Posted on: 2011/7/26 18:18
The story of ZIS-110, ZIS-115, ZIL-111 & Chaika GAZ-13 on www.guscha.de

« 1 ... 81 82 83 (84) 85 86 87 ... 170 »

Register To PostTopic is Locked

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved