Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
212 user(s) are online (127 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 212

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 (2)

Re: 54 Pacific
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hans Ahlness
See User information
Yup Rusty, if you want a 5-main 327 then it should have a K4------ number, as you say. My car has the big engine option, that matches what I found.

Attach file:

jpg  (70.85 KB)
34001_5487cb4f3f49a.jpg 816X612 px

Posted on: 2014/12/9 23:26
1952 Model 200 Deluxe Touring Sedan
HA's 52 Grey Ghost

"The problem with quotes on the internet is you never know if they're true" - Abraham Lincoln
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Ozstatman
See User information
G'day 54Pacific,
to PackardInfo and I invite you to include your '54 Pacific Hardtop in the Packard Owner's Registry.

Posted on: 2014/12/10 14:07
Mal
/o[]o\
====

Bowral, Southern Highlands of NSW, Australia
"Out of chaos comes order" - Nietzsche.

1938 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

1941 One-Twenty Club Coupe - SOLD

1948 Super Eight Limo, chassis RHD - SOLD

1950 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

What's this?
Put your Packard in the Packard Vehicle Registry!
Here's how!
Any questions - PM or email me at ozstatman@gmail.com
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

longjohn
See User information
The 54 Pacific is the 2 door hardtop version of the Convertible. It has the same trim. The tail lights, tail fins and side trim are all unique to 1954 Pacifics and Convertibles. They all came with the 359 engine with an aluminum head, although the heads are frequently replaced with a 327 cast iron head. The Pacific was the top of the line 2 door hardtop. It was an pretty expensive car so they didn't make a lot of them. It was on a shorter chassis than the big 4 door sedans.

They might have the older ultramatic tranny or the gear start ultramatic depending on when they were made in the production run. You can tell right away by looking for the dipstick/filler tube. If it is present on the firewall near the steering column, it is the gear start. If no filler is to be seen, then it is under the floor tunnel and it is an older ultramatic. I suspect that they could be ordered with a manual tranny but I have never seen one set up this way.

Lots of options were available, so it might have power hydraulic windows, power seat, wonderbar radio, rear speaker, power antenna, back seat heater, outside mirrors mounted on the chrome belt moulding. All of them that I have seen had power brakes and power steering. Surprisingly, these options don't really affect the value much in fact many Packard drivers would prefer a manual tranny with manual windows.

Posted on: 2014/12/11 12:08
 Top  Print   

Just popping in
Just popping in

54convertible
See User information
Mine is actually a 1954 Pacific Custom convertible. Automatic transmission with power windows and top, back seat heater, radio, power steering and brakes. I have an electrical issue that I need to get fixed that won't allow me to put up the windows and top. I had to disconnect the top and manually put it up. I think the wires got crossed in the door panel when it was removed to be painted. I am also looking for the snaps and the cover to the convertible top when the top is down.

Posted on: 2014/12/11 12:19
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
Mine is actually a 1954 Pacific Custom convertible

The Pacific name was only applied to the 2-dr senior hardtop, not to the convertible. Neither was the word "Custom" applied to the convertible. Assuming it's not a Caribbean, it is simply the Packard Convertible, or in some places in the factory literature called the Packard convertible coupe.

Any decent auto upholstery shop dealing in older cars should be able to make the "boot" for the top and the snaps are common items they would have and that are also easily available from sources like Restoration Specialities. The boot material and color would match the top, I believe there were two top colors available for the 5478, tan and green.

Attach file:

jpg  (145.65 KB)
177_5489d370e2da0.jpg 1070X1280 px

Posted on: 2014/12/11 12:25
 Top  Print   

Webmaster
Webmaster

BigKev
See User information
Packard never sold a Mayfair or Pacific Convertible. A Pacific is always a Hardtop. It replaced Mayfair as the name for the 'Senior' Hardtop. I think because they were often included on the same brochure and literature, people mistakenly associated the name Mayfair and Pacific with both the Hardtop and Convertibles.

You either have a "Standard" Convertible or you have a Caribbean Convertible.

Personally, I like the trim on the Standard Convertible much better than I do the Caribbeans.

In '55, Packard dropped the Standard Convertible from the lineup, and your only had the Caribbean.

Posted on: 2014/12/11 14:21
-BigKev

1954 Packard Clipper Deluxe Touring Sedan -> Registry | Project Blog

1937 Packard 115-C Convertible Coupe -> Registry | Project Blog
 Top  Print   

Just popping in
Just popping in

54convertible
See User information
Thank you for clarifying that with me. As you know I am new to the Packard world and learn something new everyday about the car.

Posted on: 2014/12/11 14:29
 Top  Print   

« 1 (2)

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved