Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
197 user(s) are online (125 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 2
Guests: 195

Don B, jgrohn, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 (2)

Re: Packard Dealer Tags/Frames?
Home away from home
Home away from home

Let the ride decide
See User information

Attach file:

jpeg  (24.45 KB)
1220_59fe20e92f240.jpeg 400X288 px

Posted on: 2017/11/4 15:21
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Packard5687
See User information
Re Kiker's Packard, Plainview, TX

I grew up in the Texas panhandle. Plainview is north of Lubbock. Kiker's was an unusually successful Packard dealer, especially considering that Plainview was (and remains) a small town. Kiker's stayed with Packard right up to the end - and then stayed alive by specializing in Packard service when no other place between Lubbock and Amarillo was offering Packard service. Lubbock was (and is) a much larger town - but Packard owners in Lubbock would drive to Plainview to have their cars serviced at Kiker's. It seems to me that Kiker took on Studebaker after Packard closed, but I am not confident that my memory is correct on that piece of it.

When I was 4 years old, my father visited Kiker's for some reason - we didn't own a Packard at that time. I remember that he took me into the service department. The cars weren't serviced on lifts, but from pits in the floor. I remember being thrilled that I was allowed to go down into one of the service pits and watch the mechanic drain the oil out of a Packard.

Even at that young age, I was a "Gear Head". My family tells me that at 4 I could tell you the make and often the year of any car pointed out to me.

I distinctly remember thinking while visiting Kiker's that day that I thought the Packard Clippers I saw in the shop were better looking cars than the postwar "bathtubs". I still think that is true!

Posted on: 2017/11/4 23:34
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Steve
See User information
Hi packard5687
Thanks for adding your first hand experience and posting about Kiker's Packard. I was able to go to an newspaper morgue and browse the papers looking for any mention of Kiker's, I was able to find an ad informing the buying public of the new hours at Kiker's, additionally there was quite a bit of biographical information stating he was also a politician in Plainview and also sold gas. Thanks for adding your recollections.
Steve

Posted on: 2017/11/5 13:02
Steve
Old cars are my passion

1951 Packard 200
1953 Packard Clipper Custom Touring Sedan
1955 Dodge Custom Royal Lancer Tri-tone
1966 Rambler Classic 770 Convertible
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Let the ride decide
See User information

Attach file:

jpeg  (233.33 KB)
1220_5a00f06f68b04.jpeg 1072X1440 px

Posted on: 2017/11/6 18:29
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Dave Brownell
See User information
Oh how I'd like to have items like the Albrecht-Burke and other St. Louis items displayed here. I grew up in St. Louis, post war, and each of the pieces has a meaning for me.

Albrecht-Burke was probably the healthiest and longest surviving Packard dealer. My aunt lived a short distance away, and when I was about ten or so, I would walk across the street to that dealership on DeGiverville Avenue to look at the 55-56s on their lot on Sunday afternoons. I fail to remember how long, post-1956, they continued to sell Packards or Studebakers. My aunt moved and that attraction disappeared from my sight. Much later, that building was used to sell Cushman scooters of all types.

A-B moved into the more modern Obermeier Packard building sometime in the early fifties, I believe. Note the bottle opener with Obermeier on it. A-B previously had a large showroom on Kingshighway that was later converted to a Mark IV air conditioner dealer installation center. That newer late-40s styled Obermeierb building fit A-B customers very nicely.

Berry Motors on Locust Street (downtown auto row) was both a dealer and Packard Distributer. That's where my grandmother bought all of her Packards until she switched over to Buicks. That building is now gentrified into The Packard Lofts.

Someday, I'd like to get a photo of all three of my Packards in front of The Lofts, possibly the last remaining St. Louis dealership. Until then, these momentos are wonderful to see again, triggering pleasant memories.

Posted on: 2017/11/7 18:31
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

58L8134
See User information
Hi

This dealer tag for Buccheri Motors in Mount Vernon, New York is on the 21K original miles, '53 Patrician for sale on Craigslist currently.

Steve

Attach file:

jpg  (17.31 KB)
409_5a12db3e6a1f0.jpg 573X303 px

Posted on: 2017/11/20 8:44
.....epigram time.....
Proud 1953 Clipper Deluxe owner. Thinking about my next Packard, want a Clipper Deluxe Eight, manual shift with overdrive.
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Ozstatman
See User information
Not a Dealer Tag/Frame, but in a similar vein is this.

Posted on: 2017/11/30 22:16
Mal
/o[]o\
====

Bowral, Southern Highlands of NSW, Australia
"Out of chaos comes order" - Nietzsche.

1938 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

1941 One-Twenty Club Coupe - SOLD

1948 Super Eight Limo, chassis RHD - SOLD

1950 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

What's this?
Put your Packard in the Packard Vehicle Registry!
Here's how!
Any questions - PM or email me at ozstatman@gmail.com
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Let the ride decide
See User information

Attach file:

jpeg  (24.45 KB)
1220_5a6fcf98b3810.jpeg 400X179 px

Posted on: 2018/1/29 20:51
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Let the ride decide
See User information

Attach file:

jpeg  (52.31 KB)
1220_5a96229189948.jpeg 400X300 px

Posted on: 2018/2/27 22:31
 Top  Print   

Webmaster
Webmaster

BigKev
See User information
I picked this up recently

Attach file:

jpg  (37.02 KB)
1_5a962bf9a9bb6.jpg 1080X785 px

Posted on: 2018/2/27 23:11
-BigKev

1954 Packard Clipper Deluxe Touring Sedan -> Registry | Project Blog

1937 Packard 115-C Convertible Coupe -> Registry | Project Blog
 Top  Print   

« 1 (2)

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved