Happy 4th of July and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
123 user(s) are online (45 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 3
Guests: 120

Packard Lover, Todd W. White, Warren Jones, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

Bottom Bottom   Previous Topic Previous Topic   Next Topic Next Topic   Register To PostTopic is Locked

« 1 ... 154 155 156 (157) 158 159 160 ... 170 »

Re: Wade's Workshop
Home away from home
Home away from home

Peter Packard
See User information
Rest easy Mal, I am bringing one of the deeper timing gear covers to you on Monday 304267. PT

Posted on: 2015/9/3 0:12
I like people, Packards and old motorbikes

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Ozstatman
See User information
Peter, looking forward to seeing Ann and yourself on Monday.

Besides, I'm over the tantrum now, just sitting in the corner quietly sucking my thumb!

Posted on: 2015/9/3 1:07
Mal
/o[]o\
====

Bowral, Southern Highlands of NSW, Australia
"Out of chaos comes order" - Nietzsche.

1938 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

1941 One-Twenty Club Coupe - SOLD

1948 Super Eight Limo, chassis RHD - SOLD

1950 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

What's this?
Put your Packard in the Packard Vehicle Registry!
Here's how!
Any questions - PM or email me at ozstatman@gmail.com

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Ozstatman
See User information
The Flackmaster said "should not need to ship one over? Check with King or Dosser" and lo and behold one pepepackard, aka Dosser, calls me. Pepe tells me he has about 10 to 12 timing case covers! But with Peter Packard delivering a cover on Monday I had no need for one of Pepe's covers although it's good to know they are available!

Next day Wade calls to ask if I'm still "sitting in the corner quietly sucking my thumb" to which I was able to reply, no! Wade's coming to the party with a new sump gasket and another front crankshaft seal, the previous seal having been squashed by the earlier and thinner timing case cover. Will pick these up when our paths cross at Bathurst where our Packard club is having a weekend run 11/12/13 September.

Gee, it's good to have Packard friends!

Posted on: 2015/9/4 19:04
Mal
/o[]o\
====

What's this?
Here's how!

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
Quote:
Gee, it's good to have Packard friends!

Friends are nice and I still continue to be amazed that in a country so far far away from where Packard came from there are so many Packard parts that seem to be available with a phone call -- and what you don't have so many times you seem to be able to make a perfectly adequate substitute from the least likely item.

Posted on: 2015/9/4 19:12
Howard

Home away from home
Home away from home

Peter Packard
See User information
Hello all, especially our US friends at info.com, without whom we would be just "another orphan" car owners. We have a lot of fun with our Packards Down Under. We get some great visits from friends such as The Flackmaster who get involved in keeping our small Packard population in a huge continent on the road. We would be privileged to help entertain any Packard info people wanting to visit Down Under. By way of example...here is a fun time I had with a 38 120 Richards at the local Driver Training skid pan. I got into trouble with the Packard as you are apparently NOT supposed to overtake people ( especially Turbo Subaru's )on the skid pan. I would recommend a skid pan day to anyone as great entertainment. PT
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8BWQcIfGemc

Posted on: 2015/9/5 1:54
I like people, Packards and old motorbikes

Home away from home
Home away from home

JWL
See User information
As Steve Martin says: "I'm a wild and crazy guy!"

(o{}o)

Posted on: 2015/9/5 15:39
We move toward
And make happen
What occupies our mind... (W. Scherer)

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Ozstatman
See User information
Monday 7th September 2015

Peter Packard, together with his better half Ann, delivered the timing case cover to Bowral from Canberra just in the manner it should be, in the ex Lionel Barrymore '38 Twelve! They are on their way north to the Gold Coast in Southern Queensland, stopping overnight in Sydney staying with Noel before resuming the journey north on Tuesday. Also onboard the Twelve were a number of parts Peter's chromer has done for Noel's Coupe. It was only a pitstop today with, seemingly, a cup of coffee sufficing as payment for the timing case cover!

Attach file:

jpg  (45.59 KB)
226_55ed388af015c.jpg 640X480 px

jpg  (20.76 KB)
226_55ed389774610.jpg 912X134 px

jpg  (40.65 KB)
226_55ed38d75d86e.jpg 640X480 px

Posted on: 2015/9/7 2:13
Mal
/o[]o\
====

What's this?
Here's how!

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Ozstatman
See User information
Sunday 13th September 2015

Supposed to be on the Packard run to Bathurst but a dose of the flu undid those plans. Instead, since Peter and Ann delivered the timing cover last Monday, have done very little until this afternoon. Even now it was only some preliminary work, first putting the engine mount back on the front of the engine. Then jacking the front of the chassis up and putting jack stands under it. Then draining the oil from the sump(pan). All that in preparation for removing the sump later this week and cleaning it, the oil pump pickup and the interior of the engine of metallic particles. Because I didn't go to Bathurst also didn't get to pick up the new sump gasket from Wade. Instead, Noel will bring it back with him and I'll probably pick it up from Noel Wednesday the 23rd.

Attach file:

jpg  (41.66 KB)
226_55f5028b5122c.jpg 640X480 px

jpg  (46.77 KB)
226_55f5029d97684.jpg 640X480 px

jpg  (32.19 KB)
226_55f502c7648dc.jpg 640X480 px

Posted on: 2015/9/13 0:00
Mal
/o[]o\
====

What's this?
Here's how!

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Ozstatman
See User information
Thursday 24th September 2015

Not much to report other than yesterday I picked up the bag of brochures from Larry51's Bathurst weekend and the ex-Wade new sump and timing case gaskets, all from Noel. Included with the gasket were some little "somethings" to help me and which I didn't think I'd see again - a pair of knives I used at the workshop for scraping but had given to Wade when he moved north!
Wade!

Although the oil is drained I haven't removed the sump(pan) yet. Been distracted making and erecting a gate between the garage and the house and relocating another gate to fill the gap between the other side of the garage and the fence down that side of the property. Have to provide a grandchildren safe play area. But I can't see why. Can't they play in the street? After all, we did as kids! Once the enclosing is finished it'll be back to the Coupe.

One thing I did see today, on returning home from the local Bunnings(big box hardware store), were a pair of '20's Rolls Royces. Stopped and took a couple of photos as they passed then found they were driving down my street to the Bradman Museum & International Cricket Hall of Fame just around the corner. There I found 5 more R-R's, with another arriving a little later. See this album for photo's.

Attach file:

jpg  (41.27 KB)
226_56037435a9a28.jpg 640X480 px

jpg  (34.15 KB)
226_560375036727b.jpg 640X480 px

jpg  (31.65 KB)
226_560375160e149.jpg 640X480 px

jpg  (60.54 KB)
226_56037565723fc.jpg 640X480 px

Posted on: 2015/9/23 23:00
Mal
/o[]o\
====

What's this?
Here's how!

Home away from home
Home away from home

Guscha
See User information
Quote:
...There I found 5 more R-R's, with another arriving a little later. See this album for photo's.

Enjoyed the RR pics as well as your comments.

Click to see original Image in a new window

The usage of widescreen format in association with special knives and short Packard chase scenes fuel hopes that you will come up soon with a movie.

Click to see original Image in a new window

Posted on: 2015/9/28 22:19
The story of ZIS-110, ZIS-115, ZIL-111 & Chaika GAZ-13 on www.guscha.de

« 1 ... 154 155 156 (157) 158 159 160 ... 170 »

Register To PostTopic is Locked

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved