Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
232 user(s) are online (153 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 4
Guests: 228

56Clippers, Don 37, Guscha, happy, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 ... 20 21 22 (23) 24 25 26 ... 502 »

Re: Various CL Pickings
Home away from home
Home away from home

Let the ride decide
See User information
JW,
Are you talking about the Packard in Billings?

Posted on: 2014/2/12 12:44
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

JWL
See User information
Yes, the Billings Clipper. Check out the instrument panel too. Interesting...

(o{}o)

Posted on: 2014/2/12 17:34
We move toward
And make happen
What occupies our mind... (W. Scherer)
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

64avanti
See User information
This 55 Clipper attracted a great deal of attention, hit 15K and closed early. The photography was absolutely top notch,
not to mention the car. The new owner is a lucky Guy (or Gal)

E bay item# 331124591452

Posted on: 2014/2/12 19:16
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

BDC
See User information
1940 110 touring sedan. Looks like its missing some trim on the hood, and interior needs some work.

http://chico.craigslist.org/cto/4288737144.html

Posted on: 2014/2/13 10:48
I can explain it to you but I can't understand it for you

Bad company corrupts good character!

Farming: the art of losing money while working 100 hours a week to feed people who think you are trying to kill them
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

58L8134
See User information
Hi

A 175K mile '55 "Partition", looks good for such high mileage:

http://cosprings.craigslist.org/cto/4275245137.html

Interior looks to be nice original with minor wear. Would that be the Rosequartz dark pink? If it's always been a Colorado car, could be one fine rust-free example.

Steve

Posted on: 2014/2/14 9:43
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Packard0
See User information
http://charlotte.craigslist.org/cto/4262040934.html

Is the interior correct on this car and the steering column? I like the car but think it's over priced by about $15K. JMO

Posted on: 2014/2/14 16:01
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
Yes, the steering column (and the parking brake) are correct in chromium plating - unique to the 23rd series Custom 8. It looks to me like an extremely outstanding example of what many would say was one of Packard's finest postwar cars, along with the 22nd series Custom 8 and the Clipper Custom Supers.

Posted on: 2014/2/14 16:16
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Packard0
See User information
Owen,

Just by looking does everything looks correct? I really like the car as well, maybe I'm being harsh on the price but I haven't seen any of these cars bringing that money. Then again, you don't see too many of them out there for sale!

Posted on: 2014/2/14 16:21
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
For the most part it looks quite outstanding but I'm uncertain about the upholstery, the blue wool looks a lot brighter than I remember, and I thought the seats and door panel materials should match. I also don't recall if the 23rd series Customs used "shadowcloth" wool on the seat cushions and just what the pleat/button pattern was.

Time to get out Bob Neal's book and check out the details of the upholstery, I suggest you do the same if you're interest is sincere. If the seat cushion were to be shadow cloth and they've been redone, I guess you can't fault that as shadowcloth was only reproduced once by Bill Hirsch in all the colors, sold out, and almost certainly will never be reproduced again.

PS - sent Mr. Neal an email, I'll comment back on this post when I hear from him.

Per Mr. Neal, the door panel material (wool) should be beige and not match the seat material which is plain wool without the buttons. I agree with prior comment that the piping is too "white", should be beige. But still quite an exceptional car IMO, I'd think $25 - 30K would be a reasonable price range assuming mechanicals in excellent condition.

Posted on: 2014/2/14 18:21
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

JD in KC
See User information
Just spent 1/2 hour going through all the 22nd/23rd series photos on the website trying to get a handle on the steering column.

My observations are that the upholstery material is correct for the 23rd series... only the 22nd series used shadowcloth. I am of the opinion that the door panels and carpet should be blue to match the seats. The piping on the seats is too white but I understand the original tan/beige piping is extremely difficult to find. The steering wheel has been painted white and the chrome accents aren't fitting very well. It looks like the speedometer has been replaced with one out of a 22nd series... gold vs silver (subtle but noticeable). Both my Customs (22nd and 23rd series) have a painted steering column. I can't find an example of a chromed column anywhere but I defer to Dave's experience.

All nits unless you want a show car... it's really quite beautiful and would be a big hit at the local cruise-in but I agree the price may be optimistic.

Posted on: 2014/2/14 18:45
 Top  Print   

« 1 ... 20 21 22 (23) 24 25 26 ... 502 »

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved