Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
136 user(s) are online (76 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 3
Guests: 133

humanpotatohybrid, Tailwinz , BigKev, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

1937 115 what is it worth
Just popping in
Just popping in

vorchum
See User information
I have a 1937 115c packard 4 door and want to know about what it is worth. The #'s on the plate are 1082-19166 and the # imprinted on the firewall is 344770. The body has minimal rust and the car starts and drives but has something loose in the front end. The interior has mold and mildew but the dash and everything but the winshield wipers and radio do not work. The paint is intact but has ware spots and there is a small dent in the drivers side front fender.I attached some pictures but they are not the best because it is in my packed garage.

Attach file:

jpg  (79.53 KB)
4293_50eb4ae46f535.jpg 1280X960 px

jpg  (90.06 KB)
4293_50eb4af61a37d.jpg 1280X960 px

jpg  (102.80 KB)
4293_50eb4b07c48d4.jpg 1280X960 px

jpg  (123.75 KB)
4293_50eb4b1466b05.jpg 1280X960 px

Posted on: 2013/1/7 17:25
 Top  Print   

Re: 1937 115 what is it worth
Home away from home
Home away from home

David Grubbs
See User information
I'll let some of the 37 experts chime in on the estimated worth, but a few hours of elbow grease and Fabreeze in the interior will probably help raise the sellability of the car. Ditto on the engine compartment - some WD40 and rags will make the car look lots better. It looks like you have a nice car, just needs some cleaning and prep.

Posted on: 2013/1/7 18:38
 Top  Print   

Just popping in
Just popping in

vorchum
See User information
Did any 37 experts get a chance to look at this yet? I am trying to get a rough value so I know in what direction I am going with this car any help will be greatly appreciated.

Posted on: 2013/1/9 12:28
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

flackmaster
See User information
The deafening silence is because it is not polite to value another mans treasure. The cost of rebuilding the front suspension, and other incidental requirements to get this lovely car roadworthy can be nominal, or if done by a shop at XX $ per hour, can be get expensive. the radio will not work for less than several hundred dollars. Wipers are pretty straightforward and inexpensive to repair.
Interior cleaning, as David says, should be a matter of elbow grease or VOC dry cleaning potions.
So to answer your question, shooting from the hip, about 7-9 grand as is, ending at about 12 grand cleaned up and ready for reliable touring, new tires, brakes, cooling system, etc.
Armchair quarterbacking, more pictures would definitely help. JW, you agree?

Posted on: 2013/1/9 12:48
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

JWL
See User information
I agree, placing a value on someone else's treasure is not polite, but we have been invited to provide this.

The 115C Touring Sedans are the most common body type. Convertibles and Touring Coupes generally bring significantly more on the market.

I think we should reserve our estimates until we see more photos especially of the interior. Photos of the engine compartment and more photos of the body would be needed too.

The body and paint look to be in a good condition and complete, and are attractive.

Mechanical fixes you describe are the easy part, and relatively speaking, the least expensive cost of getting a Packard road worthy. In addition to the mechanicals, new tires can get expensive in a hurry. Diamondbacks will cost about $1,000 for a set. Lesser tires are not as expensive, but not cheap.

The big question to me is the interior and roof panel. These cars with the roof inserts are notorious for leaking and damaging wood framework and interior materials. If the interior needs replacing, then this could be expensive and a buyer must factor in the cost of this into the purchase price.

I'm not trying to paint a picture of doom and gloom, it is probably a reasonably sound car but we need to see more photos.

I had good results with Resolve carpet cleaner in cleaning the interior of my 55 Clipper.

Posted on: 2013/1/9 13:13
We move toward
And make happen
What occupies our mind... (W. Scherer)
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Ozstatman
See User information
G'day vorchum,
to PackardInfo.

I'm not a '37 expert so, instead of commenting, I invite you to include your '37 115C Touring Sedan in the Packard Owner's Registry here on PackardInfo!

Posted on: 2013/1/9 14:32
Mal
/o[]o\
====

Bowral, Southern Highlands of NSW, Australia
"Out of chaos comes order" - Nietzsche.

1938 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

1941 One-Twenty Club Coupe - SOLD

1948 Super Eight Limo, chassis RHD - SOLD

1950 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

What's this?
Put your Packard in the Packard Vehicle Registry!
Here's how!
Any questions - PM or email me at ozstatman@gmail.com
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved