Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
178 user(s) are online (103 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 2
Guests: 176

53 Cavalier, acolds, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

Packard on the Autozug to Euro Packard Meet?
Home away from home
Home away from home

Tobs
See User information
Longshot except for Guscha perhaps...

The European meet is "coming up" in June, and I am thinking about going. Driving to Denmark from Munich would be a bit far, but there is an "Autozug" where I can load my car on the train in Munich, get a sleeper car overnight, and then unload in Hamburg for about 600 euro roundtrip with 2 people. Not cheap, but I guess still cheaper than gas here! And a little more relaxed.

Anybody know about putting an old car on the autozug? I looked on the deutschebahn website, and the limit on length is 5.3 meters. (Exactly the length of my car a 53 clipper delux coupe club sedan) Other tips, or other people from Austria, Germany or Spain going?

Viele Gru?e,
Tobs

Posted on: 2008/12/8 17:36
 Top  Print   

Re: Packard on the Autozug to Euro Packard Meet?
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Ozstatman
See User information
Quote:
Tobs wrote: Longshot except for Guscha perhaps...

The European meet is "coming up" in June, and I am thinking about going. Driving to Denmark from Munich would be a bit far, but there is an "Autozug" where I can load my car on the train in Munich, get a sleeper car overnight, and then unload in Hamburg for about 600 euro roundtrip with 2 people. Not cheap, but I guess still cheaper than gas here! And a little more relaxed.

.......Other tips, or other people from Austria, Germany or Spain going?

Viele Gru?e,
Tobs

Tobs,

Sounds great, The Euro Packard Meet, and will be a fabulous experience to meet and mingle with other Packard owners. If a number of you European guys get together, have one for the rest of us!

Posted on: 2008/12/8 20:31
Mal
/o[]o\
====

Bowral, Southern Highlands of NSW, Australia
"Out of chaos comes order" - Nietzsche.

1938 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

1941 One-Twenty Club Coupe - SOLD

1948 Super Eight Limo, chassis RHD - SOLD

1950 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

What's this?
Put your Packard in the Packard Vehicle Registry!
Here's how!
Any questions - PM or email me at ozstatman@gmail.com
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

PackardV8
See User information
How difficult is it to cross into Russia from the rest of Europe?????

What if someone just hopped in their car and drove to the Russian border to cross. What is the procedure????
Just show a passport and answer a few questions and they let on thru?????

How often do Europeans go to Russia to visit????

Posted on: 2008/12/8 21:24
VAPOR LOCK demystified: See paragraph SEVEN of PMCC documentaion as listed in post #11 of the following thread:f
https://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=7245
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Tobs
See User information
I don't know about crossing into russia! I better have a look at googlemaps. North Germany is already pretty for for me! A friend of mine rode his motorcycle over into Russia, and it seems a lot different, bribes are somewhat normal, so answering questions at the border might involve trading vodka or 'geld' My passport is US, and I think we need a visa as well as a list of where we would stay, and detailed plans of our travels....I don't think it is so easy.
However, when you show up in a packard, you always get special treatment!
-Tobs

Posted on: 2008/12/9 17:23
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
To enter Russia on a U.S. passport, you require a visa which cannot be obtained at the border. It's a lengthy and somewhat expensive process, "ask the man who did it" this past June.

Of course travel in organized groups using Russian land accomodations and tour guides, etc. "group visas" can be obtained; this is what cruise lines etc. do when visiting. The downside is the group visa does not allow you to go off on private itineraries but restricts you to the pre-planned group activities.

Posted on: 2008/12/9 18:15
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Tobs
See User information
I went to one of the local Deutschebahn offices and got some info...
maximum dimensions seem to be:
5.3 meters (208 inches) long (barely OK)
Max width is 2.05 meter (80 inches) OK
The roof can only be 1.96 meters (77.2 inches) wide at the highest point, which I am going to have to measure and see if it will fit....No plans to go to russia for me!

Posted on: 2008/12/11 12:42
 Top  Print   

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Tom Wolt
See User information
Do you have some more info of this meeting in Denmark? It's not too far from The Netherlands and I might go by car.

Tom

Posted on: 2008/12/12 9:13
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved