Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
237 user(s) are online (119 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 236

DavidM, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

Continental Kit
Home away from home
Home away from home

WILLIS BIRKS
See User information
Did Packard ever make a continental kit for the Clipper models. 54-55? If so does any have one?

Posted on: 2012/4/1 14:22
 Top  Print   

Re: Continental Kit
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
I don't see one listed in 55 accessories catalog but there is one for 54 shown on a senior model. As to whether they were available for a 54 Clipper, can't say. I'm sure like almost every other accessory -- no matter the year or what model it was supposed to be on -- if a customer wanted one and it would or could be made to fit, then a dealer would sell it. Finding a complete one today might be interesting and expensive.

Attach file:

jpg  (24.05 KB)
209_4f78bf4ae620e.jpg 675X243 px

jpg  (135.16 KB)
209_4f78bf83d363d.jpg 1197X890 px

jpg  (148.73 KB)
209_4f78bf8bec5ff.jpg 1205X891 px

Posted on: 2012/4/1 15:50
Howard
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Allen Kahl
See User information
go to ebay and do a search for packard continental kit. nothing will show up until you do the search for completed listings. There is one there for $500. I bit pricey considering the condition, but if you can talk him down a bit it might be worth the effort. Of course you could not use the bumper, only the pan between the bumper and the trunk. Good luck.....

Posted on: 2012/4/1 16:23
Al

1955 Patrician
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

WILLIS BIRKS
See User information
Thanks,and I really liked the accessory pages. The original names for items we use were very different.

Posted on: 2012/4/1 16:24
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

BH
See User information
I can't quite put my finger on it, but what's shown in that accessory catalog just doesn't have the appeal of the installation on a 53-54 Carib.

Posted on: 2012/4/1 16:56
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
There were gobs of makers offering aftermarket continental kits, some quite well designed and made, some not. Packard did not actually "manufacture" one, those that they offered during the 50s were I believe made by Huddleston-Whitbone (or Whitebone?).

Posted on: 2012/4/1 17:54
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Don Skotty
See User information
We've seen this 55 Caribbean before, with its not so original-looking continental kit.http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/55-PACKARD-CARIBBEAN-CV-BREATHTAKING-/330709126568?pt=US_Cars_Trucks&hash=item4cffcccda8

And now, the seller has added music to his ad

Posted on: 2012/4/1 19:30
Don Skotty
1938 Super 8 1604 1116 Club Sedan
1939 Twelve
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

JD in KC
See User information
Quote:

Owen_Dyneto wrote:
There were gobs of makers offering aftermarket continental kits, some quite well designed and made, some not. Packard did not actually "manufacture" one, those that they offered during the 50s were I believe made by Huddleston-Whitbone (or Whitebone?).

Click to see original Image in a new window

And... as fate would have it... here's the recently added ad for the kits from Huddleston-Whitebone

Posted on: 2012/4/4 8:47
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
JD, thanks for that ad, I'll make a note of the correct spelling of the company name - I was close at least.

Posted on: 2012/4/4 9:05
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved