Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
243 user(s) are online (89 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 242

bkazmer, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 (2) 3 »

Re: 56 "Four-Hundred" with 1955 Front Seat Shell
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Randy Berger
See User information
Randy, perhaps the other carburetor is in the trunk.

Getting the linkage adjusted properly must be a real B***H!

Posted on: 2013/3/6 15:58
 Top  Print   

Webmaster
Webmaster

BigKev
See User information
Quote:

randy berger wrote:

Getting the linkage adjusted properly must be a real B***H!

Posted on: 2013/3/6 16:12
-BigKev

1954 Packard Clipper Deluxe Touring Sedan -> Registry | Project Blog

1937 Packard 115-C Convertible Coupe -> Registry | Project Blog
 Top  Print   

Just popping in
Just popping in

Gerald Roberts
See User information
Regarding the 56 400 on e bay noticed the 55 front seat and upholstery redone in vinyl with wrong brocade. Would the standard trans. be a factory special order? Why is the serial no. greator then year production? Confused Gerald

Posted on: 2013/3/8 18:29
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
Why is the serial no. greator then year production? Confused Gerald

Because they started numbering at 1001.

Posted on: 2013/3/8 18:36
 Top  Print   

Just popping in
Just popping in

56Pack
See User information
So...it's at $8100...what do we think it's worth?

Posted on: 2013/3/8 20:49
Oldsmobiles
Plymouths
No Packards
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Ozstatman
See User information
G'day 56Pack,
to PackardInfo. But concerning the value, I'm sorry, I don't know.

However, going by your Forum Name, I presume you have a '56 Packard. In which case, I invite you to include it in the Packard Owner's Registry here on PackardInfo!

Posted on: 2013/3/8 21:12
Mal
/o[]o\
====

Bowral, Southern Highlands of NSW, Australia
"Out of chaos comes order" - Nietzsche.

1938 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

1941 One-Twenty Club Coupe - SOLD

1948 Super Eight Limo, chassis RHD - SOLD

1950 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

What's this?
Put your Packard in the Packard Vehicle Registry!
Here's how!
Any questions - PM or email me at ozstatman@gmail.com
 Top  Print   

Just popping in
Just popping in

56Pack
See User information
Thanks for the hearty welcome! Unfortunately, I don't have a '56 Packard, but I've been wanting one for about 20 years now and have been a fan, hence the forum name. I finally have some time and money and I thought this might be an opportunity, but the comments on here are making me second-guess. If it's got obvious issues with incorrect parts then the pursuit might not be worth it if I'm going to be let down. Ppaint and interior color choice don't bother me, but wrong year parts or other abnormalities do. I thought maybe I could get some advice on here and become more involved in the world of Packard.

Posted on: 2013/3/8 21:54
Oldsmobiles
Plymouths
No Packards
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
Another welcome to the site.

IMO, That Packard is certainly not the worst you'll find and is extremely presentable. Just not as perfect as one looking for a 100 point car might want. Unless you are going to be entering Packard shows right away, nothing appears to be a major drawback that can't be fixed. Anyone outside Packard people probably wouldn't even know there was something different.

The standard trans (and I'm assuming the firewall relay means it has OD) plus the period correct aftermarket AC makes it very desirable to some. Nothing on the seat anomaly but I see the owner did add a note clarifying the trans, paint and carb -- although his notes are still a bit muddied. It's not a single barrel but a single carb and should be a 4 barrel Rochester 4GC on that model.

As to advice and commentary on the site, any question you ask will undoubtedly get both in abundance. There will be some excellent answers and some less so -- and we do tend to wander around a bit in our forums. The less accurate answers will soon be corrected, the wandering will happen so expect it. Just hang around and check again and things usually get back on track. The long and short is take some comments to heart, probably ignore some, and then do as you please anyway.

Posted on: 2013/3/8 23:01
Howard
 Top  Print   

Just popping in
Just popping in

56Pack
See User information
Thanks again for another welcome and thanks for the follow-up. It's great that people are so willing to help.
I saw the added notes and agree that the carb should be a single 4bbl. The valve covers don't look right. This is obviously not a #2 car as the original description suggested.
Was the automatic transmission an option, meaning this standard transmission would be legit?
Where do I find the engine # to see if it matches the body?
I am going to look at this vehicle in person Sunday. Anything else I should particularly check for that might be tell-tale signs of being pieced together? Areas of rust or patching that these are particularly known for? I plan to be pretty thorough, of course, on my inspection, so if there are certain things to look for, I want to cover them all.
FYI...I do like to participate in shows on occasion, but old cars are meant to be driven and enjoyed!!!

Posted on: 2013/3/9 11:14
Oldsmobiles
Plymouths
No Packards
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
This thread might be a good readhttps://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?post_id=42203#forumpost42203 and can answer some of your questions on what to look for.

It's lengthy and probably far more than you want and it does wander. Down at post 29 is an excellent writeup Brian put together of where rust typically appears in the V8's. The mention of bubbling around the headlight on that car might be worth investigating.

Posted on: 2013/3/9 11:58
Howard
 Top  Print   

« 1 (2) 3 »

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved