Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
105 user(s) are online (72 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 104

Ozstatman, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

Home away from home
Home away from home

ECAnthony
See User information
Packard enthusiast Ole B??k passed away yesterday at the age of 80 from the effects of cancer. He was a long-time member of the Packard Club, and the Nordic Packard Owners Club. Ole was born in Sweden, and moved to the United States in 1965.

Posted on: 2020/6/14 13:19
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Wesley Boyer
See User information
Sorry to hear.
Wes

Posted on: 2020/6/14 14:52
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
Ah what sad news, we lived only about a dozen miles apart. The memories are overwhelming me, delightful recollections of nearly 35 years of wonderful times spent together, club picnics, parades, Henry Joy Tours, Packard National Meets, Hershey weeks, and so many more. He was an exceptionally fine gentleman and great friend, and both I and the Packard fraternity will miss him immensely.

Posted on: 2020/6/14 17:46
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Ross
See User information
Am very sad to hear of Ole's passing. We invariably had fascinating conversations on the phone and he always had some interesting project underway for someone far away. Who is going to arrange parts and cars for all those Swedes and Norwegians? I will miss his humor, quick wit, and wry comments about Americans who had not mastered the English language. My condolences to his wife who suffered long and patiently through endless Packard discussions. He will be greatly missed.

Posted on: 2020/6/14 19:36
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Leeedy
See User information
I am completely devastated. I've met a lot of people in my life. But Ole B??k was a rare treasure and an inspiration.

He had a great attitude about life and humanity. A keen intellect with a sense of adventure and exploration that transcended even the most energetic. Ole was a historian, and someone who had an infectious love for Packard motorcars. He was certainly one of Packard's greatest fans of modern times and never hesitated for a moment to further the cause of Packards and their preservation..

Ole was a good friend and we certainly had a few great Packard adventures together. One was a memorable Packard event in Sweden. I will share a photo of us in front of a hotel in Stokholm with a 1956 Executive. I shall miss Ole more than words can say. His loss cannot be measured.

I offer my deepest sympathy and prayers to Ole's family.

Attach file:

jpg  (335.58 KB)
1249_5ee6c744dafa3.jpg 1920X1440 px

Posted on: 2020/6/14 19:58
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

flackmaster
See User information
Christina called me personally in addition to emails from friends who knew I was close with Ole. What a unique person, and group of friends he had.

Posted on: 2020/6/15 8:45
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

John Harley
See User information
Friends

I had the privilege to spend some time with Ole, but of course it was not enough.

About ten years ago I bought (with some "advice " from a well meaning friend) a 1941 160 that was very needy. Ole tracked down a lot of parts of the mundane sort that are rather hard to find, parking brake cables, suspension stops, wiper motors , spring buttons and that sort of thing. He knew where the parts were. I was desperately afraid that I would need something that he couldn't find because that would mean it no longer existed .

Ole was great fun on tours and meets. We spent a lot of time together driving in each others's cars and chewing things over. I fancy we got along well..

Getting back off the road started the ceremonies. If it was hot and early enough there were gin and tonics the deal with the thirst. Dinner for about 4 at the best nearby restaurant we could find. Ole was in charge of the drinks. starting with the famous Manhattans and Rielsling with dinner. I want to. say there were aperitifs, but darned if I can remember. Lots of good talk and friendship .

I didn't see him much in recent years because of his troubles and I was conscious of the absence . He has left us with good memories and travels with the best wishes of many.

Regards

John Harley

Posted on: 2020/6/15 18:16
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

58L8134
See User information
Though I didn't know Ole Book, I knew he was one of the major 'spark plugs' among Packard enthusiasts. All your tributes are touching, lets us know what a fine man and wonderful friend he was to so many. What a better way to proceed through life, positively affecting the lives of others.

RIP Mr. Book, you'll be greatly missed and never be forgotten.

Steve

Posted on: 2020/6/15 18:25
.....epigram time.....
Proud 1953 Clipper Deluxe owner. Thinking about my next Packard, want a Clipper Deluxe Eight, manual shift with overdrive.
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Packard Newbie
See User information
It is clear from the outpouring of posts that Ole was a very well liked and respected gentleman. I did not have the privilege of even knowing OF him, but allow me to offer my condolences to those whose lives he touched. His legacy will be rich in fond and poignant memories, both in Packard circles and the wider scope of his full life. It is difficult to express in words how great a void someone like Ole leaves - suffice to say he will be sadly missed and fondly remembered. R.I.P Ole Book. Respectfully, Chris Goodfellow.

Posted on: 2020/6/15 19:22
'If you think you can, or you think you can't - you're right!' Henry Ford.
1939 Packard Six, Model 1700
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved