Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
59 user(s) are online (36 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 58

Packwagon, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

1937 120 Engine First Start Up
Just popping in
Just popping in

DJP-37-120
See User information
Well....After many years of restoration on my 37 120, I'm ready for my initial first start up. I had the engine rebuilt a few years back at a local auto machine shop which the owner has since retired and the shop is closed. I have always squirted some marvel mystery oil in the cylinders and turned it over occasionally by hand. I can remember years back an old timer told me they would remove the distributor, make a shaft to engage in the oil pump and turn the rebuilt engine over with a BIG drill to build up oil pressure before trying to start the engine, which I now question? Maybe he could have been talking about Chevy, Ford or Mopar engines?? Looking for any advice or suggestions on a rebuilt engine prestart in regards to oil pressure.

Posted on: Today 12:35
 Top  Print   

Re: 1937 120 Engine First Start Up
Home away from home
Home away from home

BDeB
See User information
The oil pump in your 120 is driven directly by a gear on the camshaft so cannot be turned by using a drill.
If you want to build up oil pressure before starting just remove the spark plugs and turn the engine over with the stater.

Posted on: Today 14:26
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved