Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
126 user(s) are online (87 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 2
Guests: 124

humanpotatohybrid, HH56, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

More 56s listed here than 55s?
Home away from home
Home away from home

patgreen
See User information
I was looking over the registry and noted that there seem to be quite a few more 56s than 55s listed. It is my understanding that considerably more 55s were produced than 56s.

Anyone care to comment on this seeming discrepancy?

And yes, this morning I am waiting for two grand daughters to arrive and fill the house with laughter, so I don't have enough to do......

Posted on: 2010/6/24 11:27
When two men ride the same horse, one has to be in the back...
 Top  Print   

Re: More 56s listed here than 55s?
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
Hadn't noticed the discrepancy but for my own tastes, prefer the 56 styling and refinements. Maybe others do also so there are more wanting to drive and spend money on one from that year. Possibly the early mechanical problems resulted in more being parked or going to scrapyards, and while more made and maybe still out there, are being overlooked because of perceived issues. Being the last of the big ones might have something to do with more people desiring a 56 as well.

Posted on: 2010/6/24 12:33
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

JWL
See User information
Quote: Ozstatman wrote: John, for including your '55 Clipper Super Touring Sedan in the Packard Owner's Registry.

Thanks, Mal. Have you thought about doing a count of Packards in the Registry? This could be interesting. My guess is that there are more of the '55s and ''56s than any others. Probably, the later the model the more in the Registry. It's just me curiosity to count and sort things.

(o{I}o)

Posted on: Today 9:48:38

Posted on: 2010/6/24 13:31
We move toward
And make happen
What occupies our mind... (W. Scherer)
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Jack Vines
See User information
Many consider the '56 cars to have improved styling. Most everyone considers the '56 build quality to be superior. The additional horsepower most '56s enjoyed didn't hurt the appeal either.

jack vines

Posted on: 2010/6/24 14:50
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
Got my curiousity aroused. Here's the 4 most popular years from owners listed in the PAC Directory:

1937 -479
1956 -427
1941 -382
1955 -374

Posted on: 2010/6/24 15:06
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Dan
See User information
I want a '56 because that's the year I was BORN!

Posted on: 2010/6/25 8:59
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

BH
See User information
Quote:
Thanks, Mal. Have you thought about doing a count of Packards in the Registry? This could be interesting.

JW, thanks for bringing up that point. As I've watched the registry grow, I hoped that we could someday have a little statistical analysis - beyond the total count currently displayed (and calculated dynamically) at the top of the Registry homepage.

However, I'm not sure how fancy BigKev can get with that right now - like bar graphs, pie charts, etc. Also, there is a limit to how detailed we can get because of some past inconsistencies in entering model numbers and names. BigKev nipped much of the in the bud by creating drop-down lists of model numbers and names, culled from the Model Info database, for new additions, but some early entries still need cleaned-up.

For now, I'd think that we could at least get a summary view of how many entries per year and/or series, but I'd like to see a link to a separate page for registry stats. Then, perhaps BigKev could, optionally, provide sorting those lists by their counts.

Posted on: 2010/6/25 9:30
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

JWL
See User information
Brian, what you described is what I had in mind when "volunteering" Mal. You are correct in that we don't need to get too specific. I feel this is a rich source of information, but could become more meaningful if some statistics on the data could be developed.

(o{I}o)

Posted on: 2010/6/25 13:03
We move toward
And make happen
What occupies our mind... (W. Scherer)
 Top  Print   

Webmaster
Webmaster

BigKev
See User information
The Registry is getting pretty long and is starting to take a long time to load all the entires on a single page. So soon I may change it so it displays the data by year/series (similar to the Model Info pages). If I do that, then I can have it display the number of vehicles in that actual year/series. Thats the great thing about having this information in a database, I can slice and dice it and generate the reports (what you see in your browser) in different ways.

The by Year/Series listing should make it easier for folks to find what they are looking for as well. In the beginning it didn't make sense to do that as we only had a small number of vehicles in the Registry, but since Mal has been on the hunt, the Registry has grown 10 fold. Kudos to him!

I'll put that on my To Do list.

Posted on: 2010/6/25 21:47
-BigKev

1954 Packard Clipper Deluxe Touring Sedan -> Registry | Project Blog

1937 Packard 115-C Convertible Coupe -> Registry | Project Blog
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

PackardV8
See User information
Mayb add an air con (factory or aftermarket) checkbox.
ALSO Olds Oil pump conversion check box too.

There may be other unusual or special considerations for each car in the registry.

At this point i recomend to AVOID any BTV notations.
GUFWAH ha ha ha ha ha ha .

Posted on: 2010/6/25 22:04
VAPOR LOCK demystified: See paragraph SEVEN of PMCC documentaion as listed in post #11 of the following thread:f
https://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=7245
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved