Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
218 user(s) are online (131 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 218

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

(1) 2 3 »

Packard Owner Registry problem
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

rvsls
See User information
I have tried to register my car in accordance with the FAQ directions but can not seem to go beyond opening the registry page.

Any help?

Rod

Posted on: 2012/1/4 23:32
 Top  Print   

Re: Packard Owner Registry problem
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Ozstatman
See User information
Rod,

Sorry to hear of your problem but I believe BigKev is investigating a similar problem on behalf of another Forum Member. Kev is also away until the weekend so a solution to that problem may have to wait until he returns. So if your problem is similar then a solution may be close at hand. The only thought I have offhand is that some others have experienced similar difficulties in the past if they've altered their Forum name. Otherwise we await BigKev's return.

Posted on: 2012/1/5 1:52
Mal
/o[]o\
====

Bowral, Southern Highlands of NSW, Australia
"Out of chaos comes order" - Nietzsche.

1938 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

1941 One-Twenty Club Coupe - SOLD

1948 Super Eight Limo, chassis RHD - SOLD

1950 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

What's this?
Put your Packard in the Packard Vehicle Registry!
Here's how!
Any questions - PM or email me at ozstatman@gmail.com
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

BH
See User information
Mal -

Since I was already here (and logged-in) this AM, I thought I'd try to access the "Add" function. I worked my way through through the first few drop down menus, but when the rest of the from loaded, in the absemce of a "Cancel" button, I simply closed the tab to bail out of the process without saving anything. Yet, I was able to go back to the Registry homepage and access the "Add" function again.

Not seeing any problem.

Understandably, one can only edit an entry that matches one's Username, but that shouldn't be a problem with a first-time addition.

Posted on: 2012/1/5 9:55
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

RogerDetroit
See User information
Now I don't feel alone - I reported the same problem to both BigKev and Ozstatman earlier this week. And I still have the problem.

When I click onto "Packard Owner Registry" the page opens up just as it should. However, when I click onto, "Add your Packard to the Registry" a new page opens, but nothing is on it, except for the info lining the right and left borders. The large middle portion of the page is blank.

When I click onto "Packard Owner Registry" main page I can search by year and find my 1941 vonvertible sedan and edit that page. Still, I cannot add my latest Packard.

Now that someone else has had a problem I am thinking the problem is NOT my barand new hardware or software.

Hang in there, Kevin will fix it.

--Roger--

Posted on: 2012/1/6 16:30
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

BH
See User information
I just tried it again, and got the universal page info along left and right margins, plus the site banner, but nothing specific to the "Add" page, except the title (centered):

Packard Owner's Registry

It just kinda hung at that point, with nothing else loading.

So, I hit refresh, and the page reloaded with the following addtional heading information (but centered):

Registry Submission
Please try to fill out as many fields as possible, you can edit them later if needed.

...followed by a band with the phrase "Model Information" (centered) and then a row with the first drop-down menu, for the Year.

Select from the list, click on the "Go" button, and then the next row with drop-down for Series appears.

Except for a few expected cases, the Series field fills in automatically, based on the Year previously entered. Confirm or select as needed, click "Go", and then the a row with Model (body number) drop-down appears.

Select from the list, click "Go", and then the screen fills in, below, with the rest of the (blank) form.

Other than that one hiccup loading the page, it's working as expected for me (using WinXP and IE8).

If you try the "Add" function again and still get a blank page, hit your browser's "Refresh" button (or key). If you're still having trouble, report back, here, with your findings (and what OS and browser you're using).

Also, know that our kung-fu programmer sometimes includes traps in the code to display an error line at the very bottom of the dispalyed page. I'm sure it would help to would help to have any reported error text.

Attach file:

jpg  (63.09 KB)
103_4f07872a58cfb.jpg 800X580 px

Posted on: 2012/1/6 17:48
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

RogerDetroit
See User information
Hello Brian:

Ok, rehitting the refresh button seemed to work after about 4 to 5 attempts. On the first refresh nothing happened, then I refreshed again and only the window for Year/Series opened up and I entered 1941. When I hit "go" the page went blank again, so I refreshed again. Then only two windows opened up. So I re-filled in 1941 and filled in the second window(cannot remember what it was) and hit "go" and the page went blank again.

Did the refresh thing again and got 3 windows. After I filled them in and hit "go" the page went blank again. So I re-freshed again and then the full page of windows opened up and I completed the registry.

But is should not have be that way.

I have since gone back and did an edit and will add more the next time I see the car.

--Roger--

Posted on: 2012/1/6 19:42
 Top  Print   

Webmaster
Webmaster

BigKev
See User information
I just checked and everything looks ok on this side. Could be the database was a bit dirty and causing the lookups to time out (hence the blank page). Every 7 days there is a "clean up" script that runs and optimizes the database tables. It ran today, so perhaps that is why everything is working ok now.

Just got back from Portland this evening, so I am still playing catch up on everything (emails, PMs, etc).

Posted on: 2012/1/6 21:17
-BigKev

1954 Packard Clipper Deluxe Touring Sedan -> Registry | Project Blog

1937 Packard 115-C Convertible Coupe -> Registry | Project Blog
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Ozstatman
See User information
Quote:
RogerDetroit wrote:....I completed the registry....I have since gone back and did an edit and will add more the next time I see the car.....

Unfortunately "thumbs" Ozstatman managed to delete, without really trying, Roger's hard to come by Registry entry for his '41 120 Business Coupe. I have apologised profusely to Roger by PM but that doesn't help his predicament because he now has to register the Coupe again! So, if you went looking for it, that's why Roger's Coupe isn't in the Registry.

Posted on: 2012/1/7 3:23
Mal
/o[]o\
====

Bowral, Southern Highlands of NSW, Australia
"Out of chaos comes order" - Nietzsche.

1938 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

1941 One-Twenty Club Coupe - SOLD

1948 Super Eight Limo, chassis RHD - SOLD

1950 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

What's this?
Put your Packard in the Packard Vehicle Registry!
Here's how!
Any questions - PM or email me at ozstatman@gmail.com
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

RogerDetroit
See User information
Hello Mal:

Still somewhat of a problem to use the registry. I had to do the "refresh" thing several times as it still wanted to load only one data entry at a time and then asked me to hit "go." So I went through the refreshing and about on the 4th try the entire page loaded.

Mal, you owe me. So plan on coming to the Packard National Meet in the Motor City in June 2013 and we can laugh about this.

Best, --Roger--

Posted on: 2012/1/7 9:29
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Guscha
See User information
Mal, I admire your timing from afar.
Bear up!

Posted on: 2012/1/7 12:08
The story of ZIS-110, ZIS-115, ZIL-111 & Chaika GAZ-13 on www.guscha.de
 Top  Print   

(1) 2 3 »

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved