Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
146 user(s) are online (103 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 146

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 (2)

Re: Gus solved an overheating problem
Home away from home
Home away from home

PackardV8
See User information
Not a good idea anyway to run a higher pressure cap nor higher t'stat than what spec calls for. Especialy on older radiators or raadiators with older tanks.

Posted on: 2015/3/17 10:20
VAPOR LOCK demystified: See paragraph SEVEN of PMCC documentaion as listed in post #11 of the following thread:f
https://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=7245
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Ozstatman
See User information
Mike in Pinole for including your '56 Clipper Custom Hardtop Coupe in the Registry.

Posted on: 2015/7/11 4:45
Mal
/o[]o\
====

Bowral, Southern Highlands of NSW, Australia
"Out of chaos comes order" - Nietzsche.

1938 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

1941 One-Twenty Club Coupe - SOLD

1948 Super Eight Limo, chassis RHD - SOLD

1950 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

What's this?
Put your Packard in the Packard Vehicle Registry!
Here's how!
Any questions - PM or email me at ozstatman@gmail.com
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

JWL
See User information
I have book marked the link to the Model Garage stories. I found that they first started in the mid-1920s and continued through to the mid-1960s. This was the same period, more or less, that my father was active in the auto repair and sales business. I decided to start reading about Gus and the Model Garage from the beginning, and have gotten to the early 1930s. It is interesting to learn about the skills and knowledge one needed in those days. Looking forward to reading about the problems encountered during the war years.

(o{}o)

Posted on: 2015/7/11 10:07
We move toward
And make happen
What occupies our mind... (W. Scherer)
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
Granted it is literature and Gus wouldn't be the hero without being endowed with a fantastic memory to remember each car model and its quirks when solving a problem. To that end I think he got his memory training by starting out -- or maybe moonlighting -- as a Packard mechanic and trying to remember all the running changes the factory signified by dabs of various colored paint scattered all over or the varied suffixes and symbols next to a motor or part number. Just seeing a dab of paint and remembering it might mean something and could have been mentioned in a bulletin -- and then which one -- is chore enough

Posted on: 2015/7/11 10:32
Howard
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

John
See User information
Yeah I like to read Gus's stories, I've collected quite a few issues in the 1950's and 1960's..... Those magazines had interesting stuff in them to make and build....

John

Posted on: 2015/7/11 11:11
 Top  Print   

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Mike Hammerberg
See User information
Hi
Sorry for not responding sooner. The Clipper was found on Craigslist and bought with only a good friend's inspection. Had a body shop in Omaha do the body and paint work. Took close to a year. Have been tinkering a bit. Next steps are ultramatic seal and oil pump conversion. Hope to finally drive her a little this year.

Posted on: 2017/4/11 19:06
 Top  Print   

« 1 (2)

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved