Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
125 user(s) are online (80 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 124

Don B, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 (2) 3 4 »

Re: Spell Checker
Home away from home
Home away from home

Phil Randolph
See User information
Just tried it in Explorer - at least now I get a white screen but no spell checking

Posted on: 2008/9/12 17:38
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

David Baird
See User information
I'm not suraee if it works or not. Works fine for me. I'm using Firefox with XP. The underlines show pretty well on my laptop screen.

Posted on: 2008/9/12 20:14
North Hills Packards
2 - 1949 Super Convertibles
1949 Club Sedan
1947 Custom Sedan
Completed a book on the 22nd & 23rd series cars
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
As usual, I'm confused. Clicking on the spell check, using MAC OSX and Firefox, I get the black screen as noted above and apparently nothing else happens. However, I don't seem to be missing anything because when typing in the actual forum, all my mis-spellings are noted by a red underline while typing live so I don't see the need for a separate checker. What am I missing?

Posted on: 2008/9/12 20:28
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

JD in KC
See User information
Firefox 3.0.1 and XP:
The as-you-type spell checker works for me in the forums (suspected misspellings underlined in red) the Spell Check button culminates in a black screen result.

IE7 and XP:
The as-you-type spell checker does not work when I use IE7 and XP. The Spell Check button results in a blank (white) screen.

Using Java Plug-in 1.6.0_07 both Firefox & IE7.

I dont knead no spel chekker anyweigh.

Posted on: 2008/9/12 21:47
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

PackardV8
See User information
I don't know why spell checker is such a concern. I have NO trouble understanding any of the posts. It's not like we're creating resumes' for an Exec. level job or writing campaign ads or a legal contract.

Posted on: 2008/9/12 22:32
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Randy Berger
See User information
PackardV8, doesn't your Exec always ride level? And I bet you have a resume for it!
Sorry - couldn't resist

Posted on: 2008/9/12 23:12
 Top  Print   

Webmaster
Webmaster

BigKev
See User information
Well the forum spell checker is Java based. So it is possible there may have been a Sun-Java automatic update on some of your browsers that is now incompatiable with the spell-checker, causing it to not work for some of you folks. I will have to download the latest version of java for my PC and see if that causes mine to break. (I hate when they have to change things for no good reason)

The "as-you-type" spell checker is not a function of this website, but is usually an add-in/plug-in that the browser is controlling. I know that FireFox has that optional Add-In. If you are really jonesing for the spell checker, I recommend using one of these add-ins, as then they will work everywhere on this website, and other websites you visit.

But I will try to figure out what the heck is going on with the the forum spell-checker.

Thanks for your patience.

Posted on: 2008/9/12 23:20
-BigKev

1954 Packard Clipper Deluxe Touring Sedan -> Registry | Project Blog

1937 Packard 115-C Convertible Coupe -> Registry | Project Blog
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Thomas Wilcox
See User information
Quote:

HH56 wrote:
As usual, I'm confused. Clicking on the spell check, using MAC OSX and Firefox, I get the black screen as noted above and apparently nothing else happens. However, I don't seem to be missing anything because when typing in the actual forum, all my mis-spellings are noted by a red underline while typing live so I don't see the need for a separate checker. What am I missing?

In Mac OS X there is a system wide spell checker, which will spell check in any text field (as defined by the operating system). Those red dotted lines under misspelled words are from that system. If you control-click or right-click on a word with the underlining, you should see several alternative guesses as to the word you wanted.

Posted on: 2008/9/13 0:34
--
Thomas Wilcox
34 Roadster, [url=https://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/r
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
Quote:
In Mac OS X there is a system wide spell checker

That's actually what I was pretty sure it was but didn't want to make any of my Windows friends jealous. The final line was originally "Another MAC only feature or what am I missing?" but deleted first few words at last minute after re-reading an earlier post that also mentioned underlining but spell check not working.

Posted on: 2008/9/13 8:59
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Eric Boyle
See User information
If you guy's would have paid attention in school, you'd have no need for a spell checker!

Posted on: 2008/9/13 13:06
 Top  Print   

« 1 (2) 3 4 »

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved