Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
209 user(s) are online (136 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 3
Guests: 206

Aiden, BigKev, CCR, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 (2) 3 4 5 ... 7 »

Re: Hood Ornaments in '55 & '56
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

michael keller
See User information
Thank you. It is a completely stock Executive hardtop from California (sometimes called "Maja The Bee" - guess why ). The hood is correct for the model but, as hood ornaments are bot street legal in my home country, has instead a cover. Of course, I still have the figure.

I think, the medallion is stock, too?

Posted on: 2009/2/6 23:55
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Ozstatman
See User information
Quote:
michaelk wrote:.......but, as hood ornaments are not street legal in my home country, has instead a cover.......

G'day Michael,

Interesting that hood ornaments are not legal in Switzerland. Here in Australia they are are no longer permitted on new cars and it's been this way for many years for reasons of pedestrian safety. Cars that came originally equipped with hood ornaments are permitted to continue to use them, a so called grandfather clause in the regulations. But going back to pedestrian safety, I believe that a hood ornament is a rather minor worry if you take on a car as a pedestrian anyway!

Posted on: 2009/2/7 0:26
Mal
/o[]o\
====

Bowral, Southern Highlands of NSW, Australia
"Out of chaos comes order" - Nietzsche.

1938 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

1941 One-Twenty Club Coupe - SOLD

1948 Super Eight Limo, chassis RHD - SOLD

1950 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

What's this?
Put your Packard in the Packard Vehicle Registry!
Here's how!
Any questions - PM or email me at ozstatman@gmail.com
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

55PackardGuy
See User information
I learn so much here! It's a great big world out there.

The Executive hardtop is one of my favorite V8 Packard models. I think they really got it right with that one, just the right amount of flash and sportiness, the best looking front (except possibly for the '55 Seniors--I'm torn--and a more understated, stylish back, with the coveted fish-mouth Clipper tail lights. And you could get 'em with a 374!(if you special ordered from the factory) The best power-to-weight ratio of any V8 Packard, I believe, would be the result.

I saw a very nice 4-door Exec over on Craig's List for a decent price, but there were... 4 doors.

Here's one of the ultimate pedestrian-nightmare hood ornaments.

(What kinda car is it? This time I won't give it away with the image title... it's a '51, though, I'll tell you that much.)

Attach file:

jpg  (42.88 KB)
917_498e5b8628c7f.jpg 600X393 px

Posted on: 2009/2/7 23:14
Guy

[b]Not an Expert[/
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Carl Madsen
See User information
51 Kaiser - Click to see original Image in a new window

Attach file:

jpg  (33.27 KB)
471_498e7879265bb.jpg 684X556 px

Posted on: 2009/2/8 1:14
-Carl | [url=https://packardinfo.
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

55PackardGuy
See User information
Very, very close, but no ceegar. The ornament might have been used on some Kaiser automobiles, but I think it was unique to the vehicle in your car photo... which is not a Kaiser.

(Hint) Enlarge the pic and look very closely at the letter in the upper lh corner of the square with the coat of arms in it.

Posted on: 2009/2/8 13:21
Guy

[b]Not an Expert[/
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Eric Boyle
See User information
After enlarging the pic and not seeing a coat of arms anywhere, I'm gonna say Frazer or Henry J. BTW Carl, the pic of the Kaiser convertible is not a Kaiser, it's a Frazer.

Posted on: 2009/2/8 14:36
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
I don't see a coat of arms either but guessing Olds as first choice although Dodge had some pretty wicked ones too.

Posted on: 2009/2/8 14:47
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Loyd Smith
See User information
It's definitely a Kaiser product. If we've established that it's not a Kaiser, I never saw nor heard of a Henry J convertible - so it must be a Frazer.

Posted on: 2009/2/8 15:39
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
Can't get a great view from the photo, but looks like a Frazer convertible sedan of which they build precious few.

Posted on: 2009/2/8 15:54
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Carl Madsen
See User information
What would I know? I was born during the Johnson administration. I was going based on the shape of where the hood meets the grill, with the bump up in the middle, the shape of the ornament. The yellow car has similar characteristics.

History of Kaiser - Frazer

Posted on: 2009/2/8 17:04
-Carl | [url=https://packardinfo.
 Top  Print   

« 1 (2) 3 4 5 ... 7 »

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved