Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
68 user(s) are online (49 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 68

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 (2) 3 4 »

Re: Year End Report Card
Webmaster
Webmaster

BigKev
See User information
Brian,

I still have a good stack of those cards left, and I will be handing those out at the PI swapmeet in Feb. So we will have to see if that causes another spike in the graph!

Thanks again for putting those together for me!

Posted on: 2008/1/5 17:16
-BigKev

1954 Packard Clipper Deluxe Touring Sedan -> Registry | Project Blog

1937 Packard 115-C Convertible Coupe -> Registry | Project Blog
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Ozstatman
See User information
Quote:

BH wrote:
Mal -

Now, word of mouth, links on other sites back to this one, and site rankings on search engines help too, but they only go so far. Clearly, new, additional features keep people coming back, and the live chat will be heavily used by existing members.

Yet, I think it helps to have a subtle reference in-hand like those business cards to get people to take a first look at the site. Perhaps others members will be in a position to hand out cards similarly; if so, BigKev can provide them with a copy of the Word file with my blessing. I would only ask that they not edit or add to the card without BigKev's permission.

Brian,

As BigKev knows I am currently working to increase the profile of this site here in Australia. However, because of timing issues this will happen early February. There are also some other aspects but because of sensitivity and probity issues these are not likely to come to fruition before early April.

The card idea is certainly a good one and I for one would be interested in obtaining a supply to distribute as appropriate.

Posted on: 2008/1/5 17:43
Mal
/o[]o\
====

Bowral, Southern Highlands of NSW, Australia
"Out of chaos comes order" - Nietzsche.

1938 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

1941 One-Twenty Club Coupe - SOLD

1948 Super Eight Limo, chassis RHD - SOLD

1950 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

What's this?
Put your Packard in the Packard Vehicle Registry!
Here's how!
Any questions - PM or email me at ozstatman@gmail.com
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

BH
See User information
Mal -

It is obvious that you are a BIG FAN of this site, and I also appreciate you effort to promote the site - as well as the Owner Registry to newcomers, here.

Although not every Packard owner is online, most people have access somewhere/somehow. Perhaps once they see what PackardInfo has to offer, those who are not online will have good reason to do so. I'm confident that things will only snowball from there.

As for the biz cards, Avery templates are a built-in feature of Microsoft Word, but I donated the cardstock, ink, and time - as BigKev was literally on the fly. I already had a color ink tank in my printer that I wanted to finish off before installing a fresh one. While I also had some old Avery business card stock, I wound up purchasing a newer product that was specifically formulated for color printing and ensure I could turn out 200 cards (since the Warren event attracts 100+ cars when the weather is nice). The Avery stock is easy to bust apart, too - faster than using a paper trimmer (if you have access to one of those).

After the event, I sent the MS-Word file to BigKev, thinking he might want to use it himself - for small runs of cards. Yet, I specifically left the door open for him to offer it to anyone who wanted to similarly donate their resources to print small quantities cards to hand out at their local auto events.

Although I composed the layout in Word 2003, you can view and print Word documents, even if you don't have Word installed:http://support.microsoft.com/kb/891090

If you're not using Microsoft, perhaps there's some conversion utility you can run. Else, you may have to lay it up from scratch, but I'm confident that BigKev can supply the elements and a JPEG of the card.

Hope this further helps promote site awareness Down Under.

Posted on: 2008/1/5 18:33
 Top  Print   

Webmaster
Webmaster

BigKev
See User information
I forgot to mention, the Owner Registry has grown to 107 cars at last count. It now has very nice representation of Packard cars from the late 20's through 1956. Also the user base has grown to 488 registered users.

Posted on: 2008/1/5 22:00
-BigKev

Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

PackardV8
See User information
What's the card look like??

Posted on: 2008/1/5 23:15
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Ozstatman
See User information
Quote:
BigKev wrote:
I forgot to mention, the Owner Registry has grown to 107 cars at last count........ Also the user base has grown to 488 registered users.

Thanks Brian and Kev,

I was wondering what the numbers were for users, and as Eric and I say "10,000 miles"! Meaning having the same thoughts but 10,000 miles apart - being a supernatural type experience. Spooky!

It's also interesting about the Owner Registry numbers and as Brian and others know this is a hobby horse of mine. I'd like to see MORE Packards on there as I believe it's literally the tip of the iceberg. Many of the members have multiple Packards listed so this probably reduces the actual members who have their Packards there to something like 50 at a guess. If there are 488 members and presuming most of them have Packards I'd like to see another 300 to 400 on the Registry. Get 'em in there!

Posted on: 2008/1/5 23:15
Mal
/o[]o\
====

What's this?
Here's how!
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

BH
See User information
Keith -

Attached below is a screenshot of a single card as laid out in Word. I pasted a semi-transparent "SAMPLE" over it because I'd rather people didn't try to print a low-rez image.

Nothing flashy, but it sez more than enough for anyone with a genuine interest in Packard.

Attach file:

jpg  (13.92 KB)
103_478109720e2e9.jpg 382X216 px

Posted on: 2008/1/6 12:02
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

BH
See User information
I'd like to see a count of registry entries added to the top of the main Owner Registry page, as well as a member count on the front page of the website - dynamically updated, of course.

The site and feature have earned their bragging rights.

Posted on: 2008/1/6 12:09
 Top  Print   

Webmaster
Webmaster

BigKev
See User information
Brian, good idea. I will look into both requests.

Posted on: 2008/1/6 20:11
-BigKev

Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Ozstatman
See User information
Kev,

Another thought that has now sprung to mind: Of the 488 members, but would be more than that now, how many are "active" members meaning they've logged on to the site in say the last 1 or 2 or maybe 3 months?

Posted on: 2008/1/11 13:40
Mal
/o[]o\
====

What's this?
Here's how!
 Top  Print   

« 1 (2) 3 4 »

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved