Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
61 user(s) are online (45 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 3
Guests: 58

bullsh--ter, TxGoat, kevinpackard, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 (2)

Re: How are folks doing?
Home away from home
Home away from home

Allen Kahl
See User information
Well I have to worry about 2 fronts. My wife is back in Salem AL where is is hot although we have not had the 100's yet, but I hear that is coming. I'm up here in Nashville working on a contract. It was supposed to be 3 months. Past history has dictated that maybe it will last at least 7 weeks. Well today I got some welcome news. The project that I am on is sort of winding down. The development stage is about complete and we should be able to turn it over to the quality assurance folks who are at least 2 months away from being able to do anything with it. In the mean time the company has other work for us to do, so it looks like this contract may well last into September.

Good Luck to the rest of you who are in harms way

ALK

Posted on: 2012/6/28 19:14
Al

1955 Patrician
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Joseph Earl
See User information
Here in south Florida, all is pretty good. We've had some rain, the lake and pool are both full, so we're happy about that. In the winter, the lack of rainfall is concerning, but this year we've been blessed.

It's not too hot now, and we always have a breeze, so you could say it's pleasant. But we have to watch out- it is hurricane season. Wilma was pretty bad in 2005.

My prayers go out to all that are in areas of concern.

Posted on: 2012/6/28 20:34
Joey

(?=#=?)

"If chrome got me home, I'd for sure still be stuck somewhere."

[url=http://pac
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Mark Graber
See User information
No complaints from the Last Frontier. Our four-day 80 degree heat wave is over, (that could be summer) and pretty much rain for the last week, which is good, because, thanks to Howard's tips, I've been making good progress with the wiring. Pretty much everything lights up as it should and I know the under dash components pretty well. Thank goodness for heat shrink tubing.

Hoping to make the 50th anniversary bash for the Antique Auto Mushers in a couple of weeks - about a 100 mile trip to the Alyeska resort.

Best wishes to all those coping with Mother Nature.
Mark

Posted on: 2012/6/28 23:11
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

R H
See User information
San Diego CA

Fog, sun, 70s coast,,80s,,90s inland...

Posted on: 2012/6/29 0:04
Riki
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Jim
See User information
Hi Howard, thanks for asking. The wildfires are far from the metro-Phoenix area, so we are not affected in that way. The winds haven't been to bad, though we were caught out in the '40 Saturday evening before last when a dust storm blew across the city. That wasn't very fun. Its been as hot as 112f and will get warmer as summer continues.

Far as Packard work, I managed to add the drivers side mount fender / and all related hardware on both sides. Really other than that, just enjoying the ride!

I hope everyone here is safe and able to get through some of natures curveballs this year.

Jim

Posted on: 2012/6/30 7:21
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
It's been a pretty nice spring and summer (thus far) in northern NJ. A few days in the 90s about two weeks ago and we're in the midst of a few more now, but the humidity has been remarkably low. Most days 70s to low 80s, some evenings in the high 50s, and occasional rain but overall just lovely.

Posted on: 2012/6/30 9:04
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Jim L. in OR
See User information
Here in NW Oregon, the weather is mid 70's and a little humid with occasional showers. In other words, typical for this time of year. Supposedly, Summer weather will start next week. Good driving weather though.

Posted on: 2012/6/30 11:30
1951 200 Deluxe Touring Sedan
1951 200 Deluxe Touring Sedan (parts ?)
1951 Patrician Touring Sedan
1955 Patrician Touring Sedan
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

JWL
See User information
How are folks doing in the mid-Atlantic area, especially around the D.C. area? You are probably not able to answer now, but please let us know how you came through the storm when systems are restored. I hope it missed all of you and everything is okay.

(o[]o)

Posted on: 2012/7/1 10:05
We move toward
And make happen
What occupies our mind... (W. Scherer)
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Packard0
See User information
106,109,107,108 that is the last four days temp. here in Tn. But I can't tell much difference between 98 and 108--the humidity makes it feel really hot & sticky either way. It was 98 at 11 pm last night.

Posted on: 2012/7/1 10:29
 Top  Print   

« 1 (2)

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved