Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
189 user(s) are online (116 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 188

kevinpackard, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 2 (3) 4 »

Re: 1939 packard serial number
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

cdncoupe
See User information
pic

Attach file:

jpg  (27.98 KB)
103921_55fa69efacc66.jpg 640X480 px

jpg  (32.69 KB)
103921_55fa6a1430710.jpg 640X480 px

Posted on: 2015/9/17 2:22
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Ozstatman
See User information
Glad you're excited, from the pic's and your description looks a very decent project.

Answers to your questions.
Reproduction front fender marker lens - Don't know, but I'm sure you'll be able to find a used one.
Windshield rubber gasket - Yes, Steele Rubber but pricey. Also available through Kanters and Max Merritt.
Running board rubber covers - Yes, most probably Kanters and Max Merritt but don't have details to pass on. But someone else will I'm sure.
I was wondering if a 1940 engine with overdrive is able to drive 60 mph no problem? - Sure will, but engine needs to be in good shape.

Posted on: 2015/9/17 3:09
Mal
/o[]o\
====

Bowral, Southern Highlands of NSW, Australia
"Out of chaos comes order" - Nietzsche.

1938 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

1941 One-Twenty Club Coupe - SOLD

1948 Super Eight Limo, chassis RHD - SOLD

1950 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

What's this?
Put your Packard in the Packard Vehicle Registry!
Here's how!
Any questions - PM or email me at ozstatman@gmail.com
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Ozstatman
See User information
Just saw the firewall/engine pic's of the uted Packard. Because it DOES have a Thief Proof Number embossed into the firewall I think it's at least a '29 which is when the TPN's started. But I could be wrong, I have been before!

Posted on: 2015/9/17 3:13
Mal
/o[]o\
====

What's this?
Here's how!
 Top  Print   

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

cdncoupe
See User information
what is the difference between a 1385 and 1388 model ? in 1940 coupe,mine appears to be a NO back seat model

Posted on: 2015/9/17 3:18
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Ozstatman
See User information
"what is the difference between a 1385 and 1388 model? in 1940 coupe, mine appears to be a NO back seat model"

1385 = Club Coupe, ie with back seats.

1388 = Business Coupe, ie NO back seats.

I usually don't harass members it's usually just a gentle nudge when they first post to include their Packard in the Packard Owner's Registry. However, as a quid pro quo, in this case I'm making an exception. Because of the answers I've given could you PLEASE include your '40 110 Business Coupe in the Packard Owner's Registry?

Posted on: 2015/9/17 3:52
Mal
/o[]o\
====

What's this?
Here's how!
 Top  Print   

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

cdncoupe
See User information
sorry,i didn't know the exact year or model to put it in the registry,I now know a whole lot more than a few days ago....thanks

Posted on: 2015/9/17 4:47
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

58L8134
See User information
Hi Cdncoupe

Looks like you bought yourself a very nicely preserved 1940 110 coupe! It should be a great project to restore and enjoy. Glad you found and signed on here, you'll find all the knowledge and encouragement readily available within a friendly group of Packard enthusiasts.

Its not terribly unusual that a rebuilt '37 six-cylinder engine would end up in a '40 coupe in 1954. Replacing an engine in a fourteen year old car then was a matter of practicality, not factory authenticity down to correct engine number and cu. in. displacement. The difference is the '37 six is a 237 ci, 1938-47 are 245 ci., not very much, a 1/16 larger bore for the latter. My advice is to get it running and as long as it runs well and strong enough to drive and enjoy, keep it in place.

The Packard converted to a truck: the 235490 number on the firewall plate identifies it as a 1929 Standard Eight, either 626 or 633 model. The "6" designates Sixth Series, the latter two numbers the length of the wheelbase. Eyeballing the photo suggest it could be the 133" wb though a quick measurement hub center to center would tell which.

While the body is modified as was practice in the pre-war days to convert a serviceable old car for daily utility, the powertrain and chassis looks very complete. Someone restoring a '29 of those series would be interested in buying it. Even some cars built into trucks in the period have been preserved as artifacts of that era. It would be worthwhile to advertise it here and on the Packard Automobile Classics (PAC) Forum website.

Please consider starting a Blog on here to post your questions and progress as you work your way to a drivable Packard. Good Luck!

Steve

Posted on: 2015/9/17 7:22
.....epigram time.....
Proud 1953 Clipper Deluxe owner. Thinking about my next Packard, want a Clipper Deluxe Eight, manual shift with overdrive.
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Ozstatman
See User information
Many for including your '40 One-Ten Business Coupe in the Registry.

Hmmmmm.......maybe I'll have to make harassment a bigger part of my approach to "encouraging" PackardInfo members to include their Packards in the Registry.

Posted on: 2015/9/17 7:35
Mal
/o[]o\
====

What's this?
Here's how!
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Dell
See User information
The front bumper is off a 41 or 42 120. The center badge for a 110 does not have the wings.

Posted on: 2015/9/17 13:29

35-1200 touring sedan
42-110 convertible coupe
48-2293 station sedan
 Top  Print   

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

cdncoupe
See User information
thanks again for info.....the truck Packard is a different place and owner than mine,just one I saw,wouldnt be right for me to list it,if anybody wants it,in Calgary alberta,listed on kijiji alberta,classic cars.......I know of an old long ago closed up Packard Studebaker kaiser dealership in a small town still with parts,books,enamel neon Packard sign.....I know the son of the original owner,I will have to post pics of the place for you guys,the place has some pretty cool stuff

Posted on: 2015/9/17 15:44
 Top  Print   

« 1 2 (3) 4 »

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved