Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
219 user(s) are online (137 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 218

37Blanche, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 2 (3) 4 »

Re: Packard International Membership Meet and Swap Meet - Jan 29th-31st, 2010
Home away from home
Home away from home

Tom (Packin31)
See User information
Big Kev,

My wish list. That is if you see any.

I may be in need of the chrome bezels for my dash. I am going to the platter tomorrow with my friend to see if mine are salvageable.

If you run across any can you please swipe them up for me. Won't hurt to have some spares just in case platter can't repair mine.

A Big Thank you to you

Posted on: 2010/1/29 7:43
Tom
1931 833 468 Coupe
Packard Registry|1931 Project Blog
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Packard53
See User information
I hope every one going to the PI Meet has a good time and brings back with many good Packard memories. May the weather be good .

John F. Shireman

Posted on: 2010/1/29 15:14
REMEMBERING BRAD BERRY MY PACKARD TEACHER
 Top  Print   

Webmaster
Webmaster

BigKev
See User information
Pictures from the car show today, and from the trip to the Peterson museum yesterday have now been posted for your enjoyment. They are in the Misc area until I have time to file them away as I did a batch upload. I was able to at least title 90% of them based upon their description placards.

Here is something new for you Dual-Carb V8 folks. PI Southern Calif Chapter is reproducing all the carb heat shields. All 3 pieces come in a set. This is just the formed painted metal shield. It has the holes for the staples for the material to attach, but the material not included.

Also here are pics of the 1932-1939 Senior Bearing Sets being produced by PI Northwest Chapter and Seattle Packards

Attach file:

jpg  (28.12 KB)
1_4b64be8c85117.jpg 640X480 px

jpg  (38.74 KB)
1_4b64be9b71a38.jpg 640X480 px

Posted on: 2010/1/30 18:20
-BigKev

1954 Packard Clipper Deluxe Touring Sedan -> Registry | Project Blog

1937 Packard 115-C Convertible Coupe -> Registry | Project Blog
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Randy Berger
See User information
Kev, can you explain where all THREE heat shields go? I only have two. The bigger one with a hole in it and the smaller one that mounts on the front carb. Where does the other large one with the hole mount?

Posted on: 2010/1/30 19:07
 Top  Print   

Webmaster
Webmaster

BigKev
See User information
Randy,

I will get an answer for you tomorrow on that when I see Gary Osko again. You probably know more about them then I do. I just happen to recognize them from the ones you made based on Brian's shields. So I asked Gary about them and they said that they were indeed for the Caribbean Duel-Carb setup and they just started making them.

Posted on: 2010/1/30 19:18
-BigKev

Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

BH
See User information
Kev -

Randy had the arched one for the choke. I just loaned him the larger one that goes in front of the intake, just below the front carb (though I later learned that it was installed backwards on my car). I've attached a pic of my original for reference. I never looked to see if there was a third, but kinda doubt it.

Perhaps they are showing an original piece for comparison. It also looks like they may have included some strips of rubber - bundled with the choke shield. I'll check back to see what you find.

Regardless, I'm glad to hear that correct heat shields are now available for the dual-4GC equipment on the 1955 and 1956 Caribbeans. Not only is that good news for owners trying to restore some of these cars that had been re-fitted with single 4-bbl. carb and intake, but I have seen a more than one 2x4 set-up with incorrect reproductions of the heat shields - or none at all.

Any club that picks up where the manufacturer left off with technical support and steps up to the plate to consistently supply good quality examples of parts that market forces might not otherwise provide gets a thumbs-up from me.

Attach file:

jpg  (71.85 KB)
103_4b64d67c809da.jpg 500X375 px

Posted on: 2010/1/30 19:46
 Top  Print   

Webmaster
Webmaster

BigKev
See User information
All the photos that I took have now been filed away into their appropriate category. Enjoy.

Photos range from a 1897 electric carriage built by Earl C Anthony when he was 17 years old, to the 1957 Studebaker-Packard Astral Atomic Show Car. With everything in between. The 1910 Model 30 Runabout is amazing as it has all the tools and accessories.

Posted on: 2010/1/31 1:53
-BigKev

Top  Print   

Webmaster
Webmaster

BigKev
See User information
Ok I confirmed that there are only two heat shields for the Dual-Carburetor setup. The third shield in the photo was just a duplicate of the larger shield that happened to be sitting on the table when I took the picture.

On another note, I ran across a gentleman that has a dual-carb V8 manifold for sale for $1500 obo (manifold only). If anyone is interested I can give you the contact information. The same guy also have a 55/56 Standard transmission with overdrive for $1300 obo. Parts are all in San Diego area.

Posted on: 2010/1/31 17:07
-BigKev

Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
Don't recall the vendor but the 2x4 bbl manifold was in repro a few years ago, just the naked manifold.

Kev, thanks for inquiring about the third heat shield, some of us were no doubt wondering if we were missing something.

Posted on: 2010/1/31 17:16
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Ozstatman
See User information
See this post on the AACA Packard Forum about the meet and BigKev!

Included in the post is this "There were 3 1942 Packard Darrins in attendance, as well as a 1940 at the Peterson. Also shown was a rare Darrin Clipper, and a 1937 Ford Darrin. One 42 was untouched from the the 1950's." Among the pic's that Kev loaded was one of the '37 Ford Darrin,identified as 1942 One Sixty Darrin Convertible, I'm confused. As usual.

Attach file:

jpg  (59.90 KB)
226_4b67365cdd376.jpg 640X480 px

Posted on: 2010/2/1 15:09
Mal
/o[]o\
====

Bowral, Southern Highlands of NSW, Australia
"Out of chaos comes order" - Nietzsche.

1938 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

1941 One-Twenty Club Coupe - SOLD

1948 Super Eight Limo, chassis RHD - SOLD

1950 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

What's this?
Put your Packard in the Packard Vehicle Registry!
Here's how!
Any questions - PM or email me at ozstatman@gmail.com
 Top  Print   

« 1 2 (3) 4 »

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved