Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
194 user(s) are online (122 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 3
Guests: 191

Don B, Darrin180, Todd W. White, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 2 3 4 (5) 6 7 8 9 »

Re: 1st Annual PackardInfo.com River Fun Run - Laughlin, NV
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Ozstatman
See User information
Quote:
Guscha wrote:.....Mal will register your car at half the cost.....there's a rumor going around that he will do it even for free if it has the original snubber in.....

In honour of this momentous occasion and irrespective of whether your Packard has a snubber or not the offer of FREE Packard owner's registration is being extended indefinitely!

Come one, come all, come to Laughlin and come on board the Packard Owner's Registry.

Posted on: 2011/10/18 14:43
Mal
/o[]o\
====

Bowral, Southern Highlands of NSW, Australia
"Out of chaos comes order" - Nietzsche.

1938 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

1941 One-Twenty Club Coupe - SOLD

1948 Super Eight Limo, chassis RHD - SOLD

1950 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

What's this?
Put your Packard in the Packard Vehicle Registry!
Here's how!
Any questions - PM or email me at ozstatman@gmail.com
 Top  Print   

Webmaster
Webmaster

BigKev
See User information
If you attended Mal you could walk around and register cars onsite! Think about it! lol

Posted on: 2011/10/18 15:15
-BigKev

1954 Packard Clipper Deluxe Touring Sedan -> Registry | Project Blog

1937 Packard 115-C Convertible Coupe -> Registry | Project Blog
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Jim
See User information
Hi Everyone, sorry to have not posted updates in a while, been busy putting the final touches on the '40. Pictured below was a late night highway run after replacing front outer wheel bearings, front wheel cylinder, and mounting and balancing a set of 7.00 X 16 Firestone tires. As we were whisking down the highway I thought of a few things to share about our Packard Info. weekend.

Some exciting news from the Riverside Hotel is Packard Info. getting billing on the marquee. The Riverside has a great marquee that will really showcase our gathering. Along with that is our designated space for our Packard parking is directly under the marquee, roped off and for our use only. I have attached images from another event there that I attend annually to give everyone a sense of the accommodations. Lastly, I've attached an image of the road to Oatman. There are wild donkeys that roam around and many interesting sites once in the historic town.

Also very noteworthy, we will have a Don Laughlin award for Mr. Laughlin's favorite Packard Pick. For those that don't know, Mr. Laughlin founded the town, the Riverside Hotel, and is an avid antique car collector. He has a car museum on site at the hotel everyone can visit free of charge.

Other onsite activities to keep in mind if bringing the family is a bowling ally, movie theater, and video arcade. There are also numerous other area attractions, including the Colorado River running directly behind the hotel.

If you haven't already signed up, but are interested, please join us we would love to get as many folks together as possible. This should be a fun event that gives folks a chance to meet up, talk cars, and enjoy a relaxing weekend.

Please also keep in mind we will have a parts exchange in conjunction with the car display Saturday morning.

Just a few weeks away!

Attach file:

jpg  (31.74 KB)
169_4eaaa9a864fc1.jpg 600X800 px

jpg  (59.00 KB)
169_4eaaa9c7b0073.jpg 600X800 px

jpg  (42.98 KB)
169_4eaaa9e24db81.jpg 600X800 px

jpg  (45.87 KB)
169_4eaaaa049a1f9.jpg 600X800 px

jpg  (32.07 KB)
169_4eaaaa24b8edf.jpg 600X800 px

Posted on: 2011/10/28 8:12
 Top  Print   

Webmaster
Webmaster

BigKev
See User information
About 2 weeks out folks, and things are looking good for the First Annual Fun Run and Swapmeet. Not to late for those last minute planners to still come join the fun. I think at last check the Pre-War cars are out numbering the Post-War cars in registered attendance.

Also don't forget you can bring your cars or just yourselves out just for the day if you are in driving range, as we know not everyone can commit to the entire weekend of activities, but we would like to see you just the same.

Drive'em, Tow'em, Trailer'em, we would like to see them all there!

If my '54 was current going under the knife for cosmetic surgery, I would have loved to have been able to bring it. But if things go as planned I may bring in out in January.

Posted on: 2011/11/2 11:46
-BigKev

Top  Print   

Webmaster
Webmaster

BigKev
See User information
This time next week I will be on the road to Laughlin! Also I believe Jim will be saddling up both the '39 and '40 for their trip from Phoenix. Seeing both his cars out together is worth the trip in itself!

Jim and I are in scramble mode getting things ready. Also for those that asked, yes, you can register on site. Since the Fun Run is free, the registration is just the standard disclaimer/waiver.

Remember this is a non-judging car show, but we will have a couple People Choice awards that will be handed out. The general public that stops to view and learn a little about Packard can pick their favorites. So we are hoping it has the casual vibe of a nice cruise night.

Also as Jim mentioned, Don Laughlin will be choosing one car as his favorite as well.

We are making some final tweaks to the Agenda, and will have that published soon.

Regards,

Posted on: 2011/11/3 10:38
-BigKev

Top  Print   

Webmaster
Webmaster

BigKev
See User information
Just checked the "predicted" weather for next week in Laughlin. Looks like it's going to be cloudy/overcast Fri/Sat (but 0% chance of rain), with highs in the mid/upper 70s and lows in 50s. Sunny/Clear on Sunday, but a tad cooler with highs in the upper 60s. Should be nice mild Southwest fall weekend.

Posted on: 2011/11/3 11:36
-BigKev

Top  Print   

Just popping in
Just popping in

jimbo
See User information
Three more sleeps till we start the 2000 mile trek to Tucson via Laughlin for the River Fun Run. We have spent hours reading all the posts on this wonderful web site. Really looking forward to meeting as many Packard people as we can. Since we won't be bringing our Packard, I'm including a picture after paint restoration, replacing missing chrome, fixing leaks and general TLC. See you all on the 11th. Jimbo

Attach file:

jpg  (169.28 KB)
2877_4eb581c9d58c3.jpg 1280X960 px

Posted on: 2011/11/5 13:40
 Top  Print   

Webmaster
Webmaster

BigKev
See User information
I think we have our long distance winner! lol

Are you planning on arriving on Thursday?

Posted on: 2011/11/5 16:36
-BigKev

Top  Print   

Just popping in
Just popping in

jimbo
See User information
Sorry, we can't make it till Friday early afternoon. We have rooms booked at the RiverRun for Friday and Saturday.
jimbo

Posted on: 2011/11/5 17:15
 Top  Print   

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

bozonono
See User information
really looking forward to this meet. cant bring my Packard, but ill be bringing some stuff to trade sell or give away. getting in on fri nite driving in from seattle.

john

Posted on: 2011/11/5 19:15
 Top  Print   

« 1 2 3 4 (5) 6 7 8 9 »

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved